Collected thoughts on card design

At that point my friend would want a cut as well! :joy:

I’m a bit surprised people aren’t selling cancelled Apple Cards online tbh. Not for us card collectors (we’re so niche we’re practically non-existent) but for the Apple collectors outside the US. That’s not only a decent pool to rinse from, but they’ll pay over the odds for it.

The issue with the ones I have is the name that’s printed on them, and the doxxing and correlations that could be made if it fell into the wrong hands. And the risk it could pose to their job. If it was just a random John Doe I’d gladly give one to revels if it meant I never had to see another Santa hat again!

I’m not usually the sentimental sort, but I like my bank cards (sorry @Rexx) and these ones came from a very dear friend, so there is sentiment there too.

Otherwise, you’d have a deal! 20% fee and all!

5 Likes

Why would that tank their file? It would just show up as a Credit Card and ‘Barclaycard’ wouldn’t it? Provided they clear it off each month can’t see anything negative happening (bar a hard search)

2 Likes

Yes. Lower limits, regardless of the card type, will impact it more than being a capital one or Barclaycard forward.

Even having amex £500 limit, searchers of your report may be hesitant. Don’t even think they can see the lenders names just entries and amounts?

Thinking back at a DSAR I made not long ago. They may see the lenders names.

1 Like

They can see the name/brand but they won’t see the card type if that makes sense?

Yes a low limit could drag down your report a little but it wouldn’t trash it by any means.

It could be regardless of what card you apply for if you have too much credit in their eyes already they may offer you a low amount and only boost it should you reduce your other limits to balance it out

But anyway I wouldn’t evidently apply for a forward just to get the card itself.

I was going to reduce some of my much lesser-used cards to a £1k limit to bring my overall limit down as it was getting a bit high. But in saying that I applied for a card with RBS while already having an overall limit 1.5x my salary and they gave me £8k, so it clearly didn’t bother them too much. I’m sure it varies hugely between lenders.

It would be good if there is/was a separate thread for credit card, score and limit chat!

3 Likes

Jump in and create one!

Will do now!

(Edited to remove comment re. merging threads)

Some folk here can move them. Just needs the topic there first :grinning:

Here’s the topic :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I would move stuff but given the conversation’s started over there already, and it’s quite difficult to see where the conversation started here, shall we just write it up to experience?

5 Likes

That’s fair - the conversation over here is a little mixed between the two. Hopefully having the new thread will be a useful place to discuss credit (and how made up credit scores are :joy:)

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: All Things Credit (Cards, Limits, Scores)

I hope folk don’t mind, but I’ve moved a couple of credit related posts to @Nicbrown’s shiny new topic:

Let’s try and keep this thread on card design!

4 Likes

I don’t think it tanks your file right it’s just depending on the limit

Apologies can’t find the wallet thread. But here goes…

The NatWest card looks better when it’s more modest in one’s wallet.

1 Like

Finally found it

I got the RBS beach hut card this week. Quite like it TBH.

4 Likes

Can you show us it out in the wild?

I recently found one on the ground in the street and took it into a nearby NatWest branch. I thought it was quite nice, too. Apart from looking like a Phonecard.

2 Likes

Showing your age there!

4 Likes