Chase Bank UK chat

It’s like those no calorie, zero sugar foods. No calories, zero sugar per serving*

*serving size: two micrograms

2 Likes

It wont be that that that bad but its a classic way to cut costs if things go poorly and they have not exactly been 100% clear saying “UK support” when more than half is outsourced.

7 Likes

I like how they’ve also forked out for a bit of new fence, but only by the shed itself.

5 Likes

It was probably the neighbour, didnt want the support gaffa sneaking in to use their toilet, that or maybe its waiting to be painted, support gaffa moonlights as paint gaffa at night.

3 Likes

True story - a few months back I called British Gas about my HomeCare policy and the girl I spoke to was having “the computer is slow at the moment” problems. She said “it might be because I’m outside in the shed at the moment and the WiFi signal isn’t very good”. She and her partner were working from home and he had beaten her to the desktop PC. I didn’t ask why she couldn’t also work in the house…

13 Likes

If I were her, I’d dump them!

Or at least run some shielded external-grade Ethernet cabling down to the shed.

2 Likes

She might live in London in the downstairs loo of a 10 room’d house :wink:

6 Likes

This account is seeing some activity. Though not the sort you’d find promising.

https://twitter.com/chaseuksupport

May be a red herring though.

2 Likes

Probably someone wanting to get a bit of dosh from the impending need for Chase UK support?

But also realising that they have to be clear they are not Chase UK.

Depending on when the handle was created though I think there are rules/policies on trying to get (trademarked) names/handles and Twitter will likely just give it to Chase.

2 Likes

Already covered themselves :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Could be an open plan layout. Those always look nice on property shows, but not great for when two people are trying to work separately.

2 Likes

Its for the upcoming Chase UK Support Gaffa Games I plan to hold. Its like red bull wacky races but with sheds on wheels (no caravans allowed!) and customers have to catch them. The big chase 2021 is coming soon! also no pokemon allowed, trademarks and all that.

3 Likes

They have people:

3 Likes

I’m happy to see they are putting decent people and decent money into this. They might have to, but I have higher hopes that they can launch with a decent product from the get go.

6 Likes

So looking at that list Nutmeg integration from the outset maybe

1 Like

The way the articles from earlier in the week were written left that quite ambiguous. They may still be only at the building the integration stage, in which case they obviously have people moving across for it but the “vision” perhaps not yet realised.

Either way, it’s coming within a couple of years or so (even if it’s not there at launch) along with credit cards and even mortgages.

They clearly want to be a full-service bank.

2 Likes

I will take a look at what they offer but IMO if they hope to succeed in the digital bank space they’re going to have to offer something similar to Monzo / Starling or better. It’s fine being late to the party but if you’re no better than the rest, you’re not going to get the customers and income to become profitable. Although they obviously do have big financial reserves on their side. It will be interesting to see what it is like.

8 Likes

Hopes are that it launches on Tuesday and then we’ll see what they have to offer. I wonder if they’ll run TV ads? I see ads for Starling on TV sometimes, never ads for Monzo though

4 Likes

I think they will probably initially have a fairly soft launch, and then think about maybe advertising after 6 months or even a year.

There hasn’t been a huge amount of pre-launch publicity so far, I think that indicates they want to be fairly low key to start off with.

3 Likes

Agree. And they’ll need to be careful to keep the customer service side of things up to scratch while the number of customers grows.

3 Likes