Chase Bank UK chat

Same here

2 Likes

Same. The cashback was nice, but I wasnā€™t ready to make it my main account (and neither are they), so I was just using it as a spending account, transferring money over from my main Starling account when I needed it. The hassle wasnā€™t worth the 1% cashback, and now that Virgin have a better instant savings rate, thereā€™s no incentive to keep my Chase account open.

2 Likes
1 Like

Android here.

2 Likes

Since I opened the Chase account the app has been consistently clunky and slow to update balances and transactions for me. I make a card payment, the notification comes through, but the balance doesnā€™t update for maybe 1-2 minutes at best. No amount of pulling downwards helps.
Even transfers within Chase donā€™t update quickly enough - if I make a second or third transfer, the balances still show as they were before the first transfer!
I just canā€™t understand how such a purportedly well-funded venture can make such a horrible app.

3 Likes

Thatā€¦ is terrible. Canā€™t Monzo move your money for you out of pots? Iā€™m guessing not! I guess Iā€™ll be sticking with RBS

3 Likes

It is.

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t get in touch with anyone to even ask. Wasnā€™t much point once I was signed in on android and did it myself though. I really hope they fix that bug though. Monzo are my favourite right now with the new balance pulse, so itā€™s the one I want to use, but even when the fix worked it was very very frustrating to deal with. Itā€™s not iOS 16 or iPhone 14 specific so Iā€™ve been dealing with it for months now. Donā€™t think anyones had it quite so bad as me, but itā€™s certainly happening to enough others that theyā€™ve made accounts here to report the issue too.

RBS really seems like itā€™s the sensible choice now. :pensive:

2 Likes

Might as well use your Child & Co RBS card!

3 Likes

I know everyone is sad about the service being a little patchy. But Iā€™m happy that tomorrow I get my round up amount being moved over!
Has anyone managed to round up more? :relaxed:

2 Likes

Canā€™t check because they just kicked me out of the app. :joy:

6 Likes

Not even close :joy:

Havenā€™t been using it much for the past few months though.

2 Likes

Aww Iā€™m sorry you got kicked out! What did you do? Or is it due to the service?
And yeah itā€™s my main spending card and I also cheated a little by paying for things at Ā£0.01 figures

Shoddy service, I didnā€™t do anything.

3 Likes

I expect kicked out as in the app logged them out?

1 Like

Thatā€™s sucks. My friend got an insane error message when he attempted to log in. Mines working fine however.

1 Like

Why is the amount wonky? Is it animated?

4 Likes

Itā€™s an artefact of the typeface they use. Some fonts render some digits like a 9 like they would g, where the bottom tail goes below the line.

1 Like

I always wondered that and if it was just dodgy. But yeah thatā€™s how it looks.

2 Likes

Glad Iā€™m not the only one that noticed that :joy: