Chase Bank UK chat

Not a remote clue. I guess they’ll roll it into Chase, if the channel is for wealth management as well, which the article above claims.

2 Likes

This would be something significant in itself, if you think about it.

Until now, as a prospective customer, you have been faced with accepting the “oddities” of fintech banks for a modern app experience, or the app shortcomings of traditional banks.

I’ve said this before, but a solid app without the ability (and therefore potentially irritating requirement) to “pop in to the branch” to sort issues out actually appeals very nicely to people who want to do everything from home.

With many traditional banks, because the branch is there they make you use it (for certain requests) which can be very irritating.

2 Likes

Today in Mildly Interesting Chase News™

It looks like Chase UK have their own favicon now! American website (with the previous UK favicon) on the left, UK website with new favicon on the right!

7 Likes

Nice spot!

1 Like

I wonder if Chase will have joint account support. I know it’s not something @shamil would know, and even if they did, they couldn’t say

Blink once for yes and twice for no

3 Likes

My feeling is that they’ll introduce a round-up feature like Monzo.

5 Likes

do you have a feeling about any other Monzo-like features? Like shared tabs for instance?

2 Likes

To be fair, I would be pretty surprised if this wasn’t a feature considering a lot of banks have this (even Tesco Bank with their Clubcard Pay card!)

3 Likes

I think loads of banks have it.

Off the top of my head:
Starling
Revolut
Lloyds
Bank of Scotland
Halifax
TSB
Virgin Money?
Tesco Bank
Edit: Forgot Nationwide!
Also dozens!

1 Like

Nationwide has it at well (I think it has an extra step where you press a button in the app for it to actually move the money, but it is essentially the same).

1 Like

Yes, I forgot about them and I knew I was forgetting someone!

1 Like

Round-ups.

giphy

4 Likes

Probably. But let’s not pretend that Monzo invented this, I had it 15 years ago!

9 Likes

When do we expect this to launch (I’m sure this was discussed above, but I don’t want to look through to try and find it)?

September

5 Likes

John Lewis has announced that it is set to launch savings accounts for customers through a new partnership with digital wealth manager Nutmeg. 3 ISAs to start.

Didn’t JP Morgan/Chase acquire Nutmeg a couple of months back?

2 Likes

Which September…?

Hopefully the one that’s just a few days away

Ignore the John Lewis link above, it attaches to the wrong page unfortunately. My post still stands, though.

Link removed. Hopefully to be replaced.

1 Like

I do think that being a preexisting American bank will help with Chase’s launch, mostly because they will already have a lot of money to advertise themselves and potentially give out switching bonuses. This should help give them quite a big boost to start of with.

3 Likes