An update on getting interest paid on savings

I don’t know how this is supposed to work. Here is my journey:

image image image

Where am I getting any information on the account or anything? Poor design here.

I just received an invitation, I’m considering moving some savings in (I don’t currently have £1000 available within Monzo) but like most people I’m hesitant because of:

– just okay interest rate
– withdrawal waiting time / not seamless integration (I don’t mind a partner but like others have said, couldn’t it all be made seem seamless?
– not entirely clear what Investec does with my money, ie ethical concern
– last but not least, and this may seem silly but it really bugs me, I can’t face yet another spike in my pulse graph (scrap the graph already!)

2 Likes

Try it a second time, that’s the non-interest (Monzo internal) pot flow.

I got the same on the first pass.

Always worth force closing the app and opening it again.

I’ve done it three times so far…

Just got an invitation but I’ve put a proportion of my leftover deposits into Freetrade so I don’t have £1000 anymore :disappointed: would have been nice to see it in action!

:thinking: Worked second time for me. I’m out of ideas…

Mine was the same. Try scrapping all that and going to create a new pot manually, there you should see the option for the Savings Pot (and I’d assume, relevant info)

It does the same for me. I think it’s because I don’t have £1,000 in my Monzo account. If it is this then that’s a issue that needs addressing.

Edit - It’s not because of this…

Still waiting for an invite. I’m tempted to give it a try as well as find out what Marcus is like. Savings interest generally does seem on the up recently which is good competition.

Where do I agree to Investec’s “Terms & Conditions”, and where is their “Privacy Policy”?

I don’t. I’m going to try restarting the phone.

Not a great start!

The Privacy Policy will be on the Investec website I imagine. (There’s a link some way through the sign up flow).

Are you sure there are any terms and conditions for you to sign up to? I don’t know how the relationship between the banks is managed so can’t really offer an opinion on that one.

The only link I’ve seen so far is “Visit Investec” which takes you to the Investor Relations page, which is a page for anyone interested in investing in Investec rather than investing with Investec.

Perhaps but surely there must be something we are agreeing to when we open this account? Unless it all falls under Monzo’s terms? In either case I think there is no harm in sign posting it.

2 Likes

That’s not great. No savings for you!

1 Like

Looks like I’m in. Just moved my savings from Halifax to Monzo. Much better rate than even an ISA. Pays monthly too which is awesome.

Can’t wait for my first payday :smiley:

2 Likes

They’ve announced it on LinkedIn so it’s now open to everyone. Just moved over all my savings :partying_face:

Quickest savings account I’ve ever opened!

1 Like

We have two threads on the same topic now, we should really try and keep them in one place.

https://community.monzo.com/t/savings-pots-feedback/49589?u=chapuys

Agreed! Let’s carry on the discussion in the main feedback thread now that we’ve started the rollout.

https://community.monzo.com/t/savings-pots-feedback/49589

3 Likes