✅ Add AA/RAC breakdown cover to Monzo Premium?

Monzo barely make anything on your deposits. Going “full Monzo” isn’t going to make much difference. It certainly isn’t going to out-weigh the cost of giving everyone breakdown cover.

I admit I don’t know the full picture of the ins and outs of how Monzo make money, I would have thought they make more money based on the amount each user is depositing.
Either way… I still think the suggestion of

offering it as an optional extra, or even as an option you could switch in for one of the other features would be great.

They will do, but incredibly tiny amounts. They make most of their money in interchange fees when you use your card, especially abroad.

Monzo tried the piece-meal way before and it didn’t work for various reasons. They don’t want you switching on/off different parts because that costs them more. They want you to pay £15 and not use the insurances, that’s how this works. If everyone used every feature, it would cost more. You’re subsiding each other.

If by some miracle they added a tier above Premium, it would cost more. Not less. So it still isn’t going to compare favourably with the Flex account.

1 Like

weirdly, green flag couldn’t match it directly - it was only available from them via a price comparison site

Another Nationwide Flex customer here who would love to send you a monthly fee rather than them… but overseas breakdown cover vital (once we can travel again…)

1 Like

Not everyone drives

1 Like

It isn’t going to happen so it doesn’t really matter.

Not everyone travels abroad either.

I vote a pick n’ mix, build your own style package :wink:

Pick + mix is always nice especially if it lets you choose from item/travel/pet insurance where you can choose one of the 3.
I’ll go with pet.

Nice, but unlikely in my view.

You have to go to HSBC for that.

If I remember correctly, Monzo concluded it was too difficult for them to do.

They did, I was joking :grin:

The only pick n mix I’m interested in:

1 Like

Pick Yo Mix!

My first order from them is due today :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Bad comment.

Try to be more constructive and explain why.

Should this thread be marked as ‘Done’ now (as far as voting and being in the ‘Feedback & Ideas’)?

2 Likes

If this was added, I’d 100% go premium. I have a Virgin Money Club M account @ £14.50 a month but it’s just the breakdown cover that’s stopping me from switching

You can add it on but it isn’t going to be included for the same price.

I cancelled RAC subscription. They increase annual premiums every year as well as waiting times…3-5 hours.

Mine more than doubled so cancelled it alongside premium and went for Nationwide Flex account as it makes it much cheaper.