Zopa Discussion

I need to check my auto text

8 Likes

You edited your post, but your autocorrect shall live on in quotes … :laughing:

Anyway, that’s pretty good to know. Putting money in a 95 day notice account and giving notice straight away to get full interest is pretty good IMO :ok_hand:t2: Rinse and repeat.

Edit: 95 day notice.

2 Likes

Zopa are 31 and 95 day notice accounts.

Most of mine is in the 31 day version at 1.95%

2 Likes

And 7 and 0 day too.

Yeah I have pots in all 4 :blush:

Wow that’s super low

Yeah, zopa is by far and away my lowest-rate card. Used to be mbna

Anyone else’s Booster Pots not add up properly when interest added this month?

Two of mine added a rogue 1p to the balance total.

Not life changing, but irritating when reconciling accounts with software :joy:

1 Like

Zopa has been down a very long time for ‘maintenance’, meaning the app balances aren’t showing atm. Support has also gone awol.

Not impressed. Anyone else?

I guess they do the interest from when you paid in? as i’ve not had any yet? my first pay in was 11th August

I only ask because it’s different to how Chase does it - I whacked in all my savings on say June 15th and got a full months interest on July 1st

Working fine for me at the moment and also earlier when I jiggled some money around between pots.

1 Like

My money don’t jiggle jiggle, it folds :musical_note:

3 Likes

It’s fine for me right now :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Back up now.

1 Like

Yes, Chase pay all interest monthly on the 1st, or possibly next working day.

Zopa pay monthly, but related to when the account was opened. This can be a bit confusing if you close a booster pot, when it matures, or the notice expires, as there is still some interest outstanding in arrears.

I am led to believe that the interest is allocated to the Primary account if the booster pot has been closed in the interim.

What do other users do when notice passes - close or leave? Or re-boost? Change account name? Depends on the circumstances, but…

1 Like

“I wanna see you wiggle, wiggle, for sure”

Not in public Andrew! :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I either reboost, or leave at the 1.81%

That said, I have only given notice so far on my boosted pots to give me options at the end of the term, not for withdrawal or use.

1 Like

There’s really no downside on immediately giving notice, is there? It just adds a bit of flexibility in case money is needed unexpectedly…

1 Like

None at all. And unlike other providers, you can easily continue to deposit funds into those Boosted Pots with Notice and it does not affect the downgrade date at all.

I have several, which I have given notice on in a stagnated fashion, so every fortnight, they mature, giving me options on what to do, while earning 1.95% APR (Boosted 31)

It’s only pennies, on the sums I have in there, but they all add up :smile:

1 Like