Zopa Discussion

Ooh I hadn’t considered JPM launching a credit card… I’ve resigned myself to waiting for Starling’s mythical :soon: card, but maybe they’ll beat them to the punch? I just hope it’s not a bit legacy…

1 Like

Whatever JPM bring, I’ll give them a go. A good, mobile-focused but also available on web package; with a fintechy current account and a fx free credit card would get me to ditch any existing bank. If not, I’ll see if Starling bring anything before I can next travel abroad (hahaha, good joke!). If not, Zopa seems like the best option

2 Likes

I don’t have a credit card with Zopa (maybe @Juggy69 can help there) but below are a few screenshots from the app. I like that they they don’t shy away from promoting phone support.

I may apply for a credit card from them if/when they provide an open banking API

2 Likes

Once credit card activated once received will post a screen shot :wink:

2 Likes

I know you are all waiting with baited breath but I am still awaiting the card to activate it :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

So every screen shown above except the “home” page is the same which is below with another 2 screens

When I actually use it will show data and how it looks.

You can all sleep easier now :joy:

3 Likes

So basic then :slightly_smiling_face:

Please let us know what you think once you’ve made a few transactions and paid the first the bill

Am particularly interested to know if they’ve included the ability to add notes to transactions and also if you can access PDFs of historical statements.

Looks like it doesn’t have a search feature?

Is “auto-pay” just a fancy way of saying direct debit, or something more advanced?

Pretty sure I’d seen a comment saying they don’t do direct debit yet, so at a guess just a fancy way of saying add your debit card details and we’ll debit that automatically once a month.

Ah yes, now I come to think of it, that rings a bell. I just can’t get my head around any credit card without a DD!

That’s why I remember it, I did chuckle to myself at the time and thought that’s just a basic requirement to have the option to pay DD

No search feature maybe that will appear once a few transactions processed

No DD facility add ur card to create a recurring payment, you can set up like you do with DD’s pay the full amount, percentage or other amounts

1 Like

@Juggy69 How have you been getting on with the card after a few weeks?

Card is fine no declines or issues using it only put £100 through it, app even with transactions is a bit basic, no merchant data like in Monzo, don’t even get company logo just a shopping basket icon with merchant name, time and amount spent.

Clicking on the transaction you get the same basic info as above but it includes the address, if you have paid by contactless it shows the contactless icon chip and pin is left blank.

Will see how the 1st payment is taken via card payment then leave it as a backup type card as I have 2 cards with much higher limits :joy:

1 Like

Zopa seem to be having a major meltdown.

All their systems have been offline since yesterday afternoon. Can’t access the app and apparently the credit card hasn’t been working since then either!

1 Like

Zopa exiting P2P lending!

Will enable greater focus on banking

digging this

Recently considering a Zopa CC just to pay for subscriptions, does it really not allow DD setup to pay the balance?!