Zevvle - Passing on the baton…

5 Likes

TL;DR for those of us unaware of what this all is and don’t feel up to reading a mini novel?

All the best to Nick, sounds like he’s had a rough time

5 Likes

It isn’t that long!

Short version is he sold 80% of the company.

3 Likes

Bored myself to death reading his goodbye :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Such little empathy from some folks!

I think this sort of thing is to be commended. He tried something, it didn’t work for him, he found a way to save it and keep it going. But more importantly, he tells his story in a heartfelt, genuine way.

Power to his elbow.

:hot_coral_heart:

14 Likes

Well put.

A lot of raw honesty in that article. The transparency is commendable.

I don’t use Zevvle and probably never will. What they’re offering just isn’t for me. But I’ve always admired what he’s tried to do.

6 Likes

There’s nothing to be empathetic for? I have no idea what the website is, who he is, or why I should care? Why would I read something so long without any context? Companies go bust every day – were they well established? Was it a startup? I don’t get any of this

I was curious and wanted to read it but I didn’t get much without knowing anything about the company or the author

2 Likes

It didn’t go bust though. A few mins reading would tell you all you want to know.

2 Likes

I think much of the answer to this stems back to who the founder is and how the company started. They’re a member of the community here, are a crowdfund investor in Monzo, and Monzo inspired their endeavour which was spoken about on here.

Makes sense that folks on here have an interest in Zevvle.

Here’s the thread for it:

6 Likes

It’s a wonderful place to be where the heartfelt comments mean the world, and the "I don’t give a shit"s make you laugh. Thanks you all <3

13 Likes

Have you picked out a nice yacht?

3 Likes

Can’t afford one :confused: I do happen to live on a boat already though

5 Likes

I hear there are some super yachts going cheap now :eyes:

4 Likes