Your Year in Monzo 2020 is ready for you

I was in the top 0.7% of fans for Greggs.

Where do I apply for my Golden Steak Bake? :thinking:

2 Likes

Right! This is the ideal framework for what data insights could be.

Would make my budgeting, and savings into my pots, so much better if I can watch it graphically in real time

10 Likes

Something I’d like to see in Year in Monzo is how my 2020 compared to 2019, perhaps multiple previous years

7 Likes

I’m just a little underwhelmed by this feature compared to previous. Maybe it’s just me?

Ahem.

1 Like

It looks like previous years are no longer accessible. That’s a shame - the work’s all been done so would have been interesting to compare.

2 Likes

:joy: saw this on Reddit today:

12 Likes

Didn’t like the Show More which reveals another push for one of the paid accounts.

Just can’t get away from them :man_facepalming:

You can, if you sign up for one :joy:

1 Like

That’s because if Monzo doesn’t start making money soon, there won’t be many more ‘Your Year’ roundups, ever.

2 Likes

Some of the Your Year features should definitely be available on a revamped Summary or new budget tab

11 Likes

Yeah such a waste of work if its just viewable the once and then forgotten about.

Totally pointless… Focus on improving the product instead

In your view it is.

It gives Monzo plenty free marketing when it’s plastered all over social media and the papers write a few column inches.

6 Likes

Isnt there a saying though it cheaper to retain a customer than to gain new ones?

Can see both points here though

I don’t disagree! Perhaps useless for me is the better answer :joy:

1 Like

It does seem crazy to spend time and money building whizzy spending analyses like this, when the actual analysis in-app needs improving.

2 Likes

Unless they use what they’ve built here to add to the in app stuff.

I reckon this was marketing driven though, so time and money comes from marketing to drive shares on social media for new user acquisition (like they’re coping with their growth already) or as evidenced at the end of the journey, to push users onto their premium products.

In essence, it’s an advert wrapped up in a dope interactive analytical experience.

6 Likes

Am I the only one that just deleted it without even opening it? :grimacing:

1 Like