You’ve invested £20,000,000 in Monzo! 🚀

There was a blue banner at the bottom of the app but you would only have seen it if you had the app open before they sold out.

2 Likes

I was getting emails direct across multiple days, emails for blog posts across multiple days, banner in app the morning before it opened, link in app after it opened

The only reason I didn’t go to look till lunchtime is that I did not expect it to sell out quite that quickly - thought I would have a day or two to consider further. Had to jump on it around 12 :slight_smile:

Not sure I got a notification or not - cannot check now either way - but certainly felt fully up with when they would be available and how many would be available

I’ve still got the banner in my app from the 26th November…

Apologies if this has already been asked somewhere, but will investors from the latest round get the little rocket icon on their community avatar/pic?

1 Like

That should have already happened. If you’re due it but don’t have it, give @cookywook a shout.

1 Like

Already happened for me today. Did change email address for here to match Monzo on advance to be sure

1 Like

The system isn’t completely foolproof even when your email address matches (between your bank and forum accounts), but they do need to match!

My email address for my Monzo account and community account do match, however, Monzo do seem to send emails to my old gmail account instead of my new outlook?

Oh. Guess you might need to check with Monzo itself then…

Got mine in… thanks Monzo :+1:t2:

So funny all these comments blaming Monzo they didn’t get a notification.
We had emails a week in advance, if you were that serious about investing you would of set a reminder/alarm/got your mum to remind you.
Blaming you didn’t get a notification kinda makes me believe you’re not ready to invest.

7 Likes

I can imagine many of the people who think these people venting are wrong were themselves feeling everything was unfair in 2017 or 2016.

Sometimes people just need to vent. Let them vent (even if their complaints don’t make sense) :+1:

6 Likes

Enough people followed the forums and lead up to fill the quota in just over 2 hours. Even with no alert, people managed it!

I for one was poised at 09:55 even though I was with my boss, in an important meeting…I was “messaging” for “work purposes” :sunglasses:

But hey…I get a cool rocket thingy on the forum and the option to singlehandedly destroy the planet by requesting 1 x special card!

6 Likes

I’m kind of in agreement, there was lots of advanced notice, the time and date was said, people were emailed, the details were all there. It was your responsibility to read the details and then if you decided to invest, show up in time. Not a huge ask.

4 Likes

Great stuff :facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Full steam ahead for Monzo now… :steam_locomotive::steam_locomotive:

1 Like

I was annoyed I missed out last time. That was just pure bad luck though.
This time, no way I missing out. I made sure I was ready and could do it. I think people are arguing against those who didn’t read the details of the funding.

2 Likes

Would it be possible for the next time there’s a crowdfunding campaign that there’s more opportunity to buy the shares. I understand that evidently it sold within a couple of hours. But in my job I can’t be on my phone waiting for the shares to be available. Especially not 10am in the morning when most people are working. Possible next time give people who haven’t managed to buy shares a two day head start instead of the ones who already have shares. In my view at least that would make it a lot fairer.

1 Like

If it’s not during working hours then there would have to be a huge amount of extra people working on monzos side to handle the extra load.

~18 million went to new investors Vs previous investors, so the impact of old investors going first was very very low.

I can understand your disappointment, but I think it would be impractical to do it any other way.

Edit: maybe opening at 12.30, when there is a higher chance of potential investors being on lunch break?

4 Likes