You can now pay cash into your Monzo account!

(Caspar) #383

It’s fine to keep doing it the way you are - Monzo aren’t running this service as a way to make a profit.

(Kris Littlewood) #384

I will do, but I suppose my point was supposed to be constructive for Monzo as they have invited comments on use cases for the paying in money feature. I suppose as a result of this I will never be full Monzo.

(Kris Littlewood) #385

Point taken, I suppose I am lucky that the post office near me is open from 6am to 9pm 6 days a week. I was excited when PayPoint was announced because of the convenient opening times of local shops but the fee combined with the lack of staff training is really off putting.

(Ben) #386

I said a few times I disagree with the charge,however, when it comes to convienience paypoint wins hands down. Erm I wonder if any Starling Bank customers was able to deposit cash on Xmas day or late at night when people finish work.

(Ben) #387

I read somewhere Starling charge for them sending out a paper statement is that true… Is it true Monzo will post a replacement card out to you anywhere in the world for Free??? Do Starling do this

(Kieran) #388

Starling - " If you lose your card or it is stolen while you are overseas, we may charge you a fee of £60."

(Ben) #389

Crikey… enough said.

(Michael) #390

Both Monzo and Starling need to stem the bleeding where they think it will hurt their customer base least

Pick your poison

(Tom) #391

Fee aside, how do they manage unlimited deposits and not a six month limit?

(Peter preston) #392

I LOVE MONZO. I ain’t gonna lie. I am happy to pay a pound.

MONZO IS FOR THE PEOPLE BUT SHOULD BE ABLE TO TURN A PROFIT TOO.

However, my contribution, (Which in my opinion seems like a valid one), why not let the deposit show £300 and then the deduction to show £1.

This way, you can mentally tote and correlate payments as opposed to wondering what that odd £299 or £99 payment is for when your mind know that you received 300 and 100 respectively.

It is ALSO better accounting. Incoming and Outgoing.

Yep I would prefer this too :blush:.
If I deposit £100 I would prefer to see the transaction for £100 deposit and then a separate transaction against my account for the £1 fee.
I feel this would be better than showing the incoming payment of £99.

(Tony, Secret Lemonade Drinker) #394

As I understand it, if you deposit £100 at PayPoint, £100 doesn’t end up in your account, the £1 fee is taken at source. and only £99 goes in your account.

How can Monzo get away with showing a transaction for £100 credit and one for £1 debit if that didn’t happen? That’s fantasy accounting in my eyes.

The £1 isn’t taken at source £100 is credited to your account with Monzo taking a £1 charge however yes IMO I feel there should be a separate charge transaction, if not on the pretty feed then at the very least on the official account statement

Exactly! Monzo introduce a £1 fee to make it sustainable and so they keep this service going, and they always get compared to what Starling are doing. Starling have a much different funding model. For a start, they’re solely reliant on investors whereas Monzo gave everyday people a chance to own a piece of the bank!

It just seems like at the moment, no matter what Monzo do, they will always have people complaining about them. The current account is far cheaper than what is on offer at a lot of the high street banks.

People go on about Starling offering free deposits , but they charge fees for deposits on the business accounts.

At least Monzo don’t charge you £60 for a card replacement abroad and £20 per bank statement.

Starling Discussion & Feedback
(Morts Photography ) #397

so, been following this thread for a while as I often end up with having to ask friends or families to monzo-me money in the app and I will then hand them the cash.

However, today I thought I wanted to give this a try so I went to two different PayPoints here in Bucks, and the first of them blankly refused to accept my money and the second told me that they’d been warned about ‘swiping’ deposits so they were now only allowed to make deposits using the chip (making the max deposit £49) - rather displeased with this, and really looking forward to a more flexible solution to this.

I did call a third PP (as I had already wasted 1h plus) and the lady at the other end of the phone had no idea what I was talking about, and started telling me about their fees!

Maybe a bit of internal work has to be done in order for this to work… Back to Starling for me!

(Dan) #398

Gee whiz, a terrible experience…

I must admit, Monzo partnering with PayPoint, that is located primarily in newsagents where customer service is generally at it’s worse, is not looking like a great move altogether.

This.

I’ve been quiet on this for a while but Paypoint just does not feel like that quality provider Monzo should be using. How many more “I had my cash refused” messages will we see before a change is made?

I have no faith whatsoever to deposit cash at a newsagents - especially large sums.

If I were @tom I’d be worried about how much of a customer relations shambles this might eventually turn into.

You get what you pay for. Everyone knows paypoint isn’t exactly known for being good at anything, it’s inconsistent hit and miss.

Monzo went for the cheapest and decided to charge its customers when no one else does.

Not to mention this affects people on poorer cash only income more than anyone else.

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #401

To be fair to them that wasn’t the only deciding factor, so it’s a little harsh to claim this when they’ve been transparent throughout.

Based on their research the conclusion they came to seemed spot on, it’s just a shame that in practice it doesn’t appear to have been seamless for everyone. It’s not all bad feedback, so for those kind enough to highlight improvements I’m sure they will address them. As a recent example, I believe I saw that they’re sending out information packs to everyone so that should help massively with the majority of issues people are reporting :slight_smile:

You make the assumption that these places will read this info…