Yolt!

Might be good to post your feedback on their yolt heroes fb page :slight_smile:

This suits me fine, actually.

I’m aware that under certain circumstances it is vaguely possible for some malicious actor to gain access to my log in credentials for one of my banks. I take reasonable steps to stop this happening.

If I allow Yolt to access my bank accounts, I’m depending on Yolt AND my banks to keep me safe. I simply cannot see the that the benefit of having one service outweighs the very slight inconvenience of logging into my banks’ various portals.

Maybe it’s just me and my tin foil hat.

2 Likes

Very true. These budgeting apps show remain read only. I’ll not proceed with their Pay function. I did question that initially.

1 Like

I do agree with this.

But I do wonder why they created this feature when it’s more convenient via each bank app.

Seems like a waste of time for everyone.

Maybe they’re hoping it’ll improve with open banking :man_shrugging:

Wonderful!!! (not)
Just been informed by YOLT that my access to their dashboard will be revoked if I can’t verify my ID now. So will have to keep trying with my passport over anf over again.

Apparently everyone will have to do this soon.

" Our identity verification process is mandatory, you can either access it via the Pay tab or it would be enabled for you as we’re rolling it out to all of our users. It looks as if it’s time for you to verify your identity. We give our users a grace period as we’re enabling KYC to our whole users base gradually.

Regardless of Pay, under KYC, Yolt is legally required to verify your identity with official documents, like a passport, driver’s licence, or ID card.

KYC aims to prevent corruption, fraud and money laundering, and keeps financial services and your money secure. It is part of worldwide Anti-Money Laundering legislation and sanctions laws aimed against terrorists.

Just like banks, payment service providers and other financial institutions, if we cannot verify your identity we are legally prevented from giving you access to Yolt. These laws are the same for all services like Yolt. Under KYC, Yolt is legally required to verify your identity with official documents, like a passport, driver’s licence, or ID card. That means, if your identity cannot be verified, you’ll be unable to continue using Yolt. You can read more on our identity verification process by heading to our FAQs or Blog."

Finally got there!! Accepted and verified.
I think the issue is the glossy paper on the new passports.

1 Like

Those who have been using this for a while, would you still recommend it? I have dozens of current accounts and at least half a dozen credit cards I’d like to use it with.

1 Like

I have to say, I’ve been using Yolt on and off for years. It does do a good job at bringing all of your finances into one place, but the biggest issue I have is the time it takes to pull data from your accounts. It takes a good 2-3 minutes before up-to-date information is shown, which for me makes the whole experience of using it unpleasant.

That being said, its been a couple of months since I used it last, so perhaps it has changed since then. It’s a good app overall, but there is definitely significant room for improvement, and I look forward to seeing how Monzo do it when they finally get their integration with other accounts working!

It still takes a minute or two, it syncs on login.

It’s not bad. What’s nice is it lists monzo pots as well, it also supports Marcus savings account.

1 Like

I use it rarely, but it’s always useful to be able to see the balance of all accounts in one place, even if it means waiting a couple of minutes for it to sync up.

Hoping to see this as a feature in Monzo though :soon:

2 Likes

I’d love to see proper money management in monzo, but that would take an entire team it’s self.

Imagine it. ALL of your accounts shown inside Monzo, all with up to date balances.

4 Likes

Yolt is completely useless. Of my 18 accounts, only 8 of them have actually synced the last month…

I’ve used it a few times and every time I come back to the app after installing it I find myself banging me head on the wall, it’s just useless, clunky, not intuitive. It early last a week before I delete everything and uninstall the app

Annoyingly they are unsupporting loads of banks now.

Which banks?

Just check the status page here

https://www.yolt.com/status

They are switching from screenscraping to API for all connections, so anything that doesn’t have a working API already is broken for now

I’m more annoyed at the slow banks than I am at Yolt.

Grievances should be directed to your unsupported banks, they’ve had long enough to add their APIs now.

1 Like

So it seems Yolt are removing support for Marcus too due to a lack of an API

Now I might remember wrong but I don’t think PSD 2 applies to savings providers (at least not yet). This means that it could be ages before it’s available again

https://twitter.com/getyolt/status/1238049623345856513?s=20

I also don’t understand these tweets and the status page as I can still connect Amex and Marcus

1 Like