WWDC 2018, iOS 12, macOS 10.14

I did ages ago so I could side load apps

Free dev accounts let you sideload apps through XCode, but they donā€™t allow access to the developer betas.

Apple have had public betas for a few years now though, just waiting for it to be releasedā€¦ (I had an Apple Developer account until a few months ago, but I didnā€™t renew it because itā€™s expensive and I didnā€™t use it).

Iā€™m liking the usage reports. Will be very handy for me :sweat_smile:. A few nice improvements here and there.
It seems the message about quality and performance is really being pushed this year on iOS, canā€™t complain about that.

2 Likes

I guess its because I last paid in 2015 but my account is clearly expired yet I can download them. The ability to download them without paying is the reason I stopped paying for an iOS dev account actually.

Iā€™m just glad theyā€™re going to support the older devices for iOS 12. I thought it would be the end for the iPhone 5s

4 Likes

Some nice updates to macOS! More important ones were on the slide at the end. Also Atmos on AppleTV finally!

3 Likes

:grimacing:

5 Likes

23 01

iOS 12 seems quite stable right now and Monzo works fine so far! So much easier to get rid of notifications.

5 Likes

Badabing Badaboom

IMG_87A8895D7BFA-1

Now to find me the macOS and watchOS Profiles

3 Likes

Interestingly, Siri Shortcuts seems to be present to an extent already. I wasnā€™t expecting that until the public release.

Edit: Also a big fan of the darker UI here. Canā€™t wait for the inevitable system wide dark move in iOS 12.3 or 13.

3 Likes

Fail

Was gona get new one anyway but still

1 Like

Anyone know where I can get the profile for the dev beta?

Surprised that the upgrade is so small! Expected over 2Gb

Why not wait until the public beta release?

Coz I want it now lol

Why wait when you can get today?

Haha,
No not today but itā€™s normally a week or so behind isnā€™t it?

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Iā€™m not sure, I have always done dev releases.

1 Like

iOS12 is faster

1 Like

Is safari snappier? Thatā€™s the normal joke isnā€™t it :sweat_smile:

lol seems the same

On the whole it feels faster but thats it, I canā€™t really see any changes (that affect me anyway)

1 Like