WWDC 2018, iOS 12, macOS 10.14

Yeah, that’s exactly how it worked! The link just installed the dev profile, and then iOS 12 came through as a regular software update.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try now then - I was going to wait for the public beta, but screw it!

1 Like

Definitely already seems better than 11.4 on fluidity. Too early to tell but battery life also seems a bit better. Worth it for grouped notifications alone. Notifications were so broken before this that I simply never looked at them on the iPhone.

I’m solely doing this for extra Animoji… :joy:

I jest… kinda…

1 Like

As soon as the first or second public beta is out I’ll look to upgrade, I may just go for my iPad first as it’s not the primary device.

All installed… Running like a dream.

FaceID noticeably quicker than 11.4!

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed the changed on the weather app, the other day I had something about poor conditions for those with bad health under the town

Nothing on the app itself - I tend to use Carrot/Dark Sky for weather though.

I only keep the Apple Weather app on the home screen cause it looks nice!

Anybody else experiencing significant battery loss on iOS 12 beta 2? It seems to be quite a bit worse for me than beta 1. Will drain the battery tonight and recharge, see if that helps :battery:

Mine seems to be ok I think.

I find that after an update iOS can drain battery for a bit as it’s still doing stuff in the background like indexing. But who knows…

Mine seems ok on iOS 12 beta 2.

Anyone else having troubles with alarms not going off on beta 2 if do not disturb is on?

mine worked fine this morning

Anyone having issues with things like Waze and Google Maps/Maps connecting to the GPS?

Mine seems to never connect now so can’t pinpoint location.

I used maps on Carplay today and it was pretty dreadful… Kept losing my location and freezing :joy: Also disconnected everytime I put the car in reverse! Beta software though :man_shrugging:t3:

There’s quite a few GPS issues on apps. Think it’s mentioned in the release notes but can’t remember if I’m honest

waze works fine for me, apart from poor prediction at rush hour - but that wouldn’t be down to the gps.

This is what I now get with the weather, the additional text

3 Likes