WWDC 2018, iOS 12, macOS 10.14

It’s so fast!

1 Like

Glad to know beta 2 is good and runs fast. Thanks for the breakdown on the improvements.

1 Like

I’ve been using the dev betas as my daily drivers since the day of release on my phone, ipad, watch and iMac and had no problems. The one app playing up is Evernote, it’s running like treacle on both iphone and ipad for some reason, but I mostly use it through the desktop web interface anyway.

Everything is much faster, apps spring up really quickly, animations are always fast and smooth. iOS was always pretty speedy but even on older devices, this feels brilliant. And them keeping older devices alive for longer definitely helps after the battery scandal last year where it looked like they were deliberately slowing down old devices.

I’d definitely recommend people try the public beta when it comes out, and make sure you send feedback about any issues you have, it helps to make sure the wider release is as smooth as possible.

2 Likes

Still not had the OTA update come through :eyes:

Might reinstall profile

EDIT: Yes was profile now works

@jaisullivan thanks for the tip now have iOS 12.

2 Likes

Is this safe/legal to do?

Yes but if it goes wrong and you brick your device don’t blame us, at your own risk.

I might just wait till public beta

Magic links/clickable login links seem screwy on iOS 12. Try not to logout of anything important.

Does anyone else’s phone vibrate now when you unlock using TouchID?

It being talked about on MacRumors there seems to be no common pattern to it. I’m not getting it on my phone but know others that are

Is everyone running iOS12 on a developer profile?

Or have some used the iosbetas.me link?

I used that link. Seems fine.

1 Like

That link is for the dev profiles

Thanks @simonb - I’ll give it a go!

I thought you were a Google man!

1 Like

Yeah - From there you can do a software update like normal and download iOS12 beta (is that correct?)

Yeah I get a vibration unlocking my phone, since installing beta 2 yesterday. The first few times it happened I thought I was missing a notification. I kind of like it.

I am, I’m one of those over the top people that has two phones :joy:

My primary phone is a Pixel 2 XL. My secondary phone is an iPhone 6S.

Actually there’s a very simple reason behind it. I got a huge discount on phone contracts in my old job. So, when I accepted the job here, I promptly took out a second contract on my last day and had the discount applied for 2 years :joy:

Aha - You are one of those “drug dealer” types who look suspicious with 2 phones on the go!

Question on the iOS12 link… Did it install the “profile” by following the link, and then you just had to download the update through settings (like a normal update)?

Been working fine for you?

1 Like