WWDC 2018, iOS 12, macOS 10.14

Hopefully the new South Wales Metro will have some sort of Smartcard… it’s about time anyway.

Not having to say ‘Hey Siri’ is pretty cool. Alongside the Siri shortcut stuff. Other-than-that I probably won’t use the new workouts or the walkie-talkie features lol

1 Like

What are the reminders like on iOS12?

Any better than before (the UI?)

I think the most underrated thing from yesterday is that CarPlay will now support third party navigation apps :raised_hands:

3 Likes

If you’re interested, try regardless. I’m in the same boat with a lapsed account but could still get the beta versions.

Absolutely. Waze. :clap::clap:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Can you get a video of this in action?

I had a quick look at Waze last night. Wasn’t convinced over Google Maps? :thinking:

1 Like

What seems to be the limitations of this? I mean I guess it depends on apps building into the service.

1 Like

Both are good. Waze is fun and is sometimes more accurate with traffic, but Google is clearer and more ‘professional’ I guess.

It’s pretty basic atm but it is learning as I go along for example I was playing Defected Podcast and now that shows as a shortcut, as does a call to my solicitors.

App wise Flightstats, XE and FlightRadar24 seem to be the only ones showing in the main part of siri to chose a shortcut.

1 Like

Have they done anything with the reminders app?

That is one app I have never used, in fact I deleted it.

Ha! Useful!

I don’t think they’ve changed it at all - But I can’t find anyone who has iOS12 to confirm!

I don’t think anything would have been done as it was not mentioned…

I haven’t installed the beta on my Watch as it’s a nightmare to roll back if it goes wrong. I wouldn’t use the Walkie-Talkie stuff (it’s literally a FaceTime audio call which mutes until you press the button to unmute yourself and it plays the audio as soon as it’s received - I can’t think of anything worse). Speaking directly to it without keywords sounds great - I hate repeating myself to the watch.

1 Like

No reminders is the same as iOS 11.

1 Like

I’m secretly happy about this - I’ve just bought Things which is one of the nicest apps I’ve ever used!

I didn’t think you could even rollback the watch?