WWDC 2018, iOS 12, macOS 10.14

If the public beta seems rather smooth and bug free I may download that. Reports so far say it’s smoother than iOS 11 beta was.

Yeah much better, things work.

MDM is fine as is WiFi Calling with were buggy af before.

1 Like

Sounds like too many of the apps I use crash so I may need to hold off with the beta :frowning:️ Updating my Mac and iPad though.

All my apps are fine

1 Like

Definitely not the most exciting Apple Keynote I’ve ever seen. Where there any news on NFC that I missed?

1 Like

Not that I saw. But you can measure stuff

2 Likes

Yeah, only thing it is opening up to is Uni’s in the USA to pay for stuff etc

1 Like

Exactly! Who cares about unlocking doors when you can measure them.

3 Likes

They seemed to focus heavily on performance and privacy this time around. Which isn’t really a bad thing. But meant there was nothing really exciting.

Though the controls for screen time seemed good. Will be good to be able to limit access for the kids.

1 Like

Screen Time forced me to stop checking Slack last night (and every other app), and I ended up ignoring my phone and picking up a book for the first time in a while. I think this is already my new favourite feature.

13 Likes

I feel like I won the lottery with my guesses. The Siri Suggestions stuff is perfect, a Workflow system for Siri which any app can tap in to. And being able to talk to the watch without Hey Siri before every single command will save my sanity.

Notifications look great now, and the updated DND options will be perfect, being able to have it stay on until you leave the location you’re in or the end of the hour is perfect for when you’re in meetings or the cinema. (I’d always forget to turn mine off so only used DND at night).

Dark Mode on OSX looks amazing, I’m really happy with it. I just hope more websites enable dark modes (hey, Discourse!) like Twitter does.

3 Likes

I was on BBC News this morning being interviewed about why I’d find this feature really helpful. I can’t wait to actually get it!

When the public beta is out I’ll download it :clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

1 Like

I’ll see if I can find a link later on :sweat_smile:

Edit: @anon72173902 it’s here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b5hgwt/victoria-derbyshire-05062018 at 1 hour 42 mins

1 Like

Hopefully this is just a testing ground for opening up NFC more fully next year…

One can hope anyway. I need my Oyster card in Wallet ASAP.

1 Like

Can I ask why? You can already use Apple Pay instead of an Oyster Card?

Screen time:

1 Like

I think I explained this in another forum - but basically, I can’t put railcard discounts on my contactless cards. So although Apple Pay is handy, I’m basically losing money by doing it.

So unless they find a way to add railcards onto contactless cards, I’m sticking with Oyster.

4 Likes

Contactless is more expensive than a season ticket, no?

As a recent convert from android I’m just happy with grouped notifications from this update :grinning:

Hopefully, I need door entry as I have too many cards.