WWDC 2018, iOS 12, macOS 10.14

Just make sure you do an Archive backup first in case you need to revert!

2 Likes

Has anyone used the Mac beta yet?

Going to be installing it on my MacBook Air today! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah been using it since it was announced, again really stable, only issue is with O365 not remembering my login but that has been happening for months which is weird as onedrive and outlook are fine just Excel, Word and the rest are having issues.

Not sure if this is already a topic somewhere (I did have a look around). Thought it might be a good place for everyone to discuss ideas and feedback on the public beta which released today.

Iā€™m personally not on the test flight app, just the standard one so would be keen to know everybody elseā€™s feedback too!

1 Like

Hi Nick - There is a WWDC 2018 thread which has a lot of chat about the betas.

Iā€™ll leave it up to someone else whether they want to merge the threads.

As for stability - Iā€™ve found it excellent - Both for Monzo and in general!

1 Like

yep very stable, the only app I regularly use that is crashing is reminders.

There was a problem with Evernote running like treacle but it is fine now.

Very stable running on iPhone 6s. Iā€™ve not experienced any issues with the software yet and all my regular apps work without any issues.

Ahhh, I have no idea how you can still use reminders! Itā€™s living back in 2009. I really wanted Apple to update it this time around.

I use Things3 - for a ā€œreminders/to doā€ app, itā€™s so enjoyable to use :joy:

What a sheltered life I haveā€¦

Hereā€™s the thread weā€™ve been discussing all things iOS 12 WWDC 2018 Keynote

can you get Siri and Google to add to things3? Automatically share it with your partner?

Siriā€¦ Yes (donā€™t know about Google).

Sharing is coming apparently. If you share a lot of reminders etc, itā€™s probbaly not the ideal solution at the moment.

I donā€™t use it as a mini project management, I mainly use it as a shopping list!

Plus after getting bitten by 1password going subscription, Iā€™m reluctant to be sucked in to another app that tries to do what an integrated app does.

1 Like

:+1:
I hardly use my Mac, I use my iPad more so I may install it.
Public Beta for Mac came out yesterday I think.

EDIT:
https://9to5mac.com/2018/06/26/first-macos-mojave-10-14-public-beta-now-available-for-mac-users/

I donā€™t use my iPad anymore far easier to use MBP, I would look at another iPad but also thinking about a Surface.

Loooove the surface, if I wanted to swap back to windows Iā€™d get one for sure.

We have them at work, I donā€™t have one though I have a crappy Dell Latitude i7 vPro 7th Gen :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes, had it for a few days.

My biggest issue was that Evernote crashes on opening although there is a beta (7.3) available now that fixes it, but I still have issues keeping the web clipper logged in.

You canā€™t use touch id with 1password - this could be linked to the inability to save login details for many sites, the rumour being that apple messed up part of the secure enclave API. A right pain when your password is a long as mine.

The reactive desktop pic only appears to work in normal mode - I like dark mode :frowning:

Chrome loses its tick boxes - have to zoom in or out using the keyboard shortcuts to get them back.

Egnyte fails completely - it uses FUSE and apple always seem to mess that up with a new update. Onedrive and dropbox are ok though.

1 Like

I used the reactive desktop for 2 days then changed it again

Do you find that if you click the URL bar in Chrome the page changes to something else like previous page or tab?

Nope, I just get a drop down box with relevant history.