WWDC 2018, iOS 12, macOS 10.14

Not heard on publics yet possibly beta 2 but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a bit later on. Maybe when 11.4.1 is released.

11.4 is already out…

Do you find when you end a call the phone app sticks on the call ending screen and can’t be killed without a reboot?

Whoops sorry meant 11.4.1 :flushed:

1 Like

I don’t make phone calls so I haven’t experienced this one myself. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I find this happens quite a bit anyway!

Probably once a month on iOS 11.

iOS12 is probably one of the most stable BETA’s I have used and I used it on my daily and I’ve not really noticed any issues and for once Cisco MDM worked straight away.

watchOS 5 was pulled for bugs and bricking but now it has been pushed out again and I would use it but well Series 0 so can’t so 4.3.2 is the last build I have now.

macOS Mojave is stable also, not had any issues with it either actually the fans seem to kick in more than usual.

1 Like

I went to back up my iPhone to iTunes, and it said there wasn’t enough space?

Any ideas (there is PLENTY of space left)?

No idea, I stopped backing up to iTunes when iCloud backup came out.

Have you deleted the old backups, maybe something there stopping it?

1 Like

I thought restoring through iTunes was the only way to restore iOS 11 (if you had installed iOS12?)

Yeah I think so

Same! I’d never normally say this, but in my opinion it’s perfectly fine as a daily driver. It’s on par if not better than the current release candidate.

Anyone who doesn’t have a dev account with Apple and wants to install, download the profile from https://iosbetas.me restart your device then update OTA. There’s no need to register your device UDID etc. :calling:

I agree with others - I normally load iOS beta 1’s and revert back to stable after a few days because they’re super buggy, that hasn’t happened this time.

The only issue I’ve had is with the iPad, where dialog interfaces don’t load properly (signing into the Twitter app for example).

I may add the public beta to my iPad and see how it goes. If we’re a few betas I and everything seems ok I may get it for my phone.

Going to pile into the ‘iOS 12 beta 1’ is very usable discussion.

It really is. I’ve only seen one restart/springboard reboot (and I saw them a moderate with 11 anyway) and the only bug I can find (other than my local transit app completely catching fire) is that some of my Live Photos have saved the live portion of them as separate videos at the end of each day weirdly.

1 Like

Is it quicker as they claim?

1 Like

Noticeable difference between launching apps and transitions etc. Face ID is now much quicker unlocking the iPhone X.

1 Like

Debating iOS 12 for another year on my iPhone 6 or a new phone this year.

The first beta runs better than the final version of iOS 11.4 does, in my opinion. I’ve had no issues with it. So glad they really seemed to have focussed on performance this year because if beta 1 is this good then I can’t wait until release :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I’m ashamed to say I tend to get a new one each year, no matter how much I tell myself I won’t :iphone::persevere: