WWDC 2018, iOS 12, macOS 10.14

Agreed. I don’t use it much, but I occasionally hire a car with CarPlay, and it is the only time I resort to Apple maps.

The Waze map is always more up to date than Google in my experience, as is the traffic.

1 Like

Waze is Google though?

I remember being on public transport in the USofA when push to talk was a thing. It was so annoying, hearing the beep and then a voice blurting out a few words. The you had to endure the reply.

I hope it doesn’t catch on here.

I hope it does, I wanna be one of them annoying people that now shout in to their watch.

I imagine it would be like those muppets that use their loudspeaker in public yet hold the phone to their ear still :joy_cat:

I know. It’s always baffled me why the maps aren’t updated at the same time.

Our local council changed several roads one August. Waze had the new configuration within a few days, Google took a month or so, TomTom took 9 months, and Apple still haven’t got it right.

2 Likes

Anyway, where are the wireless charging airpods?

They’ve been lost down the back of the sofa.

1 Like

Exactly, a nightmare. You have to take the watch to an Apple store for them to do it.

Check you out @Jackcrwhitney ! Nice one man!

2 Likes

Night mode! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Need to get me some of that ISO 12.

Has that Siri premade shortcuts site been done yet as I can’t find it?

Do you really have to go to preferences then appearance to activate Dark Mode, Surely there is an easier way?

When i wanted to downgrade from watchOS 4 beta, they wouldn’t even do it in store for me. I had to post it to a repair center.

I think Walktie Talkie is a pretty cool idea, but considering none of my close friends have an Apple Watch, I probably won’t get much use out of it.

I’ve been wanting Apple to do more for weightlifters on the Apple Watch. Gymaholic is a great app, but I’d love it if Apple could use the sensors on the Apple Watch to determine how many reps we’ve done, similarly to how it can keep track of how many lengths we’ve swam. I understand keeping track of our reps for all sorts of different exercises is a very complex problem to solve, but it would help tremendously if it’s possible; I find it difficult to keep count, especially when I’m trying to focus on inhaling and exhaling at the right times. Along with this, I’d like to see the Strength Training exercise in the Workouts app tap us when our rest time is up, after each set. The Gymaholic app already does this, but that and programmatic rep counting in the native Workouts app would be great!

Finally I’d like to see sleep tracking natively on the Apple Watch, with the addition of a purple ring in the Activity Rings concept; if I don’t get a full 8 hours of sleep (or whatever is a healthy amount), I’d like my Activity Rings to be brutally incomplete for that day. (Similarly to how the amount of stand hours we need to do isn’t configurable.) I understand that might not be possible with the current battery life on the Apple Watch, but I might be happy to charge my watch up for a couple of hours in the evening while I’m relaxing and perhaps for an hour or two at work while I’m sitting down in front of a computer. I guess they might have to change the name from Activity Rings though considering sleep isn’t really an activity :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It’s not possible to do it in store because the Watch is a sealed unit. They have to send it away.

The repair centres have special equipment to access the diagnostics port to restore it.

Agree here on the weights front! I went back to fit bit as I missed the sleep tracking.

2 Likes