Would be great if you can go above £100 on Monzo.Me

Wait so it’s only £500 a month and £1000 every 6 months? I think I’ve definitely received over that within 6 months

£500 per debit card each month, up to a total of £1000 each month.

Def can do a few in a row :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yup, that’s correct.

The £1000 per 6 months is for cash deposits.

I agree, bank transfer all the way. If the OP a has another bank account, they could always set up Paym on that account?

1 Like

It’s kinda difficult as the person in question doesn’t have any online or mobile banking and to ring up and do it the queues are always 1hr+ therefore this makes it the easiest way to get the money I’m owed

Don’t lend this person money would be another solution - if they’re making you go to all the effort and they’re not putting any in themselves.

How would they send you money if you didn’t have Monzo?

5 Likes

And that’s anyone else but your friend’s problem how, exactly?

2 Likes

Got my trusty Starling account ready to deposit said cheques Christmas Day :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe I’m being dense, how does having a £100 limit curb usage? Surely there’s not an abundance of people itching to transfer over £100 regularly?

I don’t think it does - there would be a lot of people abusing it with fraudulent card details though, if it wasn’t there. Just imagine a bad actor harvesting/buying stolen card info and paying themselves with it into their own account. It’d just be opening the gates to all sorts of issues.

4 Likes

I suppose to pay yourself must be stupid as it’s all logged and you’ll get caught instantly

Yeah, more likely a mule, then cash or foreign transfer

1 Like

Yet scammers are still making off with tens of thousands from multiple people, before anyone is even on their case. :man_shrugging:

While I understand the potential for increased fraud use and such, and perhaps that has to be the top priority in these decisions, £100 really is quite low so any increase would be good. But I guess if there’s data that suggests Monzo.me is susceptible to being used in nefarious ways already and that would likely increase if the limit increases or such it’s a case of where the needs to protect against fraud come first, and is a reminder of why we can’t have nice things…

No, Monzo explicitly said this was a cost issue (interchange), not compliance or AML. I’m not sure how Revolut squares the circle, but Revolut lets you top up much more from debit and credit, so it is possible