Woohoo, kerv finally arrived

Topped it up from my monzo, gonna have some fun on the tube today…

If you see a guy waving magnanimously at the contactless readers, say hi it could be me!

4 Likes

oh great, I’ve been waiting for these for ages - would be interested to know what you think of it

1 Like

very interesting product!! people will think youve gone mad when you place a seemingly empty hand up to a card machine to buy a coffee! they will be in even more shock when it actually works

:grinning:

Interesting idea, but I don’t see casual folks dropping £100 for it personally.

8 Likes

Where is the unboxing pics?

I’ll post a pic of the box for you!

So far mixed success… First day it worked fine on the tube, that evening it failed at the ally pally - I suspect the terminals were operating in disconnected mode.

But today, two failures on the tube… ended up using my mondo card. Sent them an email (no in app support), will report on the customer service when they respond.

1 Like

Isn’t this exactly like the bpay range from Barclays? Or the same sort of idea anyway

1 Like

“Isn’t this exactly like the bpay range from Barclays? Or the same sort of idea anyway” Yes but 4 or 5 times the price.

2 Likes

I only paid £40 in the kickstarter round.

Pics for Danny

I got a response from kerv support, not bad for a Sunday. They say my ring is not connected to my card - so maybe I got my travel on the tube on Saturday for free? It certainly let me tap in and out…

4 Likes

lol come on now… where is the ring?? :joy:

It’s in that circular hole in upper part of the box. :smiley: That being said, I wouldn’t mind a closeup on the ring and maybe on the hand too, pretty please?

3 Likes

Looks decent…

How was sizing worked out, is it custom or just S M L XL ?

they use uk ring sizes.

I re-paired it to my account and it works fine now

1 Like

Have you got auto top-up to work yet?

It mentions it on the leaflets but I can’t find anything in the Kerv account to set it up?

You’ll probably also figure it doesn’t work in the places Monzo doesn’t work in.

I find mine works great in Tesco’s, but my local Sainsbury’s contactless isn’t great, I can’t seem to get the ring in the right position :frowning:

Customer services say auto-topup is coming in the next couple of weeks.

I haven’t tried it in Sainsbury’s but it works a treat in M&S and Waitrose!

kerv.com has been down for a day for ‘maintenance’

The promised 2:30 update hasn’t happened.

I’m shocked that a modern website needs to be down at all for maintenance, haven’t they heard of staging?

1 Like

maybe it will just be replaced with a notice that they folded up :joy: just like all similar efforts

1 Like

hope not, I love my kerv!

The reason the kerv.com site was down was because they detected unauthorised access.

3 Likes