Won't respond on live chat

Hi,
I have tried to use the live chat with no luck or help.

I made a payment in error to account and I need to claw it back, I am no longer on communication with the person I made payment to so they will not sent payment back to me. why cant Munzo return my payment ?

Thank s

2 Likes

How long ago did you open the live chat? The chat isnā€™t ā€œliveā€ as such and it can take a number of hours to get a reply. You could try calling on 0800 802 1281

1 Like

Because they donā€™t have the money any more.

Once someone comes back to you by chat, they can probably have a look at asking for it back for you but that isnā€™t guaranteed to work since making a payment in this way is the equivalent of passing cash to someone.

All you can do is ask. Good luck.

3 Likes

Hi,

Yesterday and an agent Dasie replied took detail said bear with me to a sort out and never came back!

Thank you for the number and super quick answer I will call on my break

Thanks

Kimberley

Hi,

So no one answer the phone, no one came back on so called ā€˜liveā€™ chat either!

I understand itā€™s harder but you can claw back money any other time and have done so via my other account when paid a bill twice - this just seems lazy .

People make mistake it human error but they donā€™t seem interested in helping or correcting!

K

Itā€™s not live chat

You canā€™t claw back bank transfers in the same way you can if you pay by direct debit. It takes time, negotiation and the other person can refuse

1 Like

Aye. Itā€™s a nightmare to get back if they refuse.

See:

2 Likes

That is hardly the issue here, and you know it. Support response times are terrible and have been for months.

8 Likes

There are 2 facts here which are way beyond any doubt shadows;

• Chat is not live (Iā€™m tempted to edit the topic title, but will leave it alone)
  • Support is reportedly-by-many slow and needs immediate attention, and Monzo is getting a growing negative image because of this
11 Likes

These kinds of stories are too common. I want to have confidence that Iā€™ll be able to contact my bank in the event of problems.

2 Likes

Why do people keep assuming that itā€™s live chat?

Has the estimated response time been removed? or is it the design that people associate with being live?

1 Like

It says the time when you send your first message but I think people assume once you get the first reply itā€™s live chat

Iā€™m not sure about that; chat doesnā€™t always mean instant but it should be within a reasonable time like back in the prepaid beta. I actually dislike how some companies use Zendeskā€™s live chat which means you have to keep your phone on the app, dedicate 100% of your attention to it and talk to them in real-time otherwise they disconnect so you canā€™t do another task in the meantime.

2 Likes

Because the whole chat layout, and the word ā€œchat,ā€ imply live, rapid conversation.

13 Likes

Monzo simply donā€™t respond to chat, calls or emails. Not sure whatā€™s going on at the moment. I wrote a post about this specific topic and the admin removed it, clearly donā€™t like honest customer feedback.

1 Like

Itā€™s removed because the forum cannot help with issues like this. You will have to keep trying the other channels.

1 Like

But those channels donā€™t work, it says something about a business when they remove a chat thread about not responding quickly to customers, quicker than they respond to a customer.

2 Likes

This channel wonā€™t work at all. So youā€™re encouraged to stick to the methods were youā€™ll get an answer eventually, rather then one you have no chance of getting one.

The chatā€™s like TFI Friday post Shaun Ryderā€¦ Live, bit with a delay

1 Like

They have done no such thing.

It is locked because no further comments are needed after theyā€™ve kindly pointed you in the right direction to get the help you asked for.

1 Like