Woke services

Obviously huel processes food, But they have their ingredients that they use unlike a supermarket which has to have everything in-stock leading to lots of waste of unsold food.

Also huel can use non aesthetically pleasing produce and also in an ideal world not growing a variety of produce and growing their ingredients in bulk is more economical.

1 Like

Tell that to the two huge bags of huel left on top of my fridge for over a year thats recently been binned :joy: When I signed up they forced you into buying loads straight off, and if it doesnt work out (made me very ill) its a huge waste.

You seem to have taken my processed food analogy as a declaration of war against vegetables.

2 Likes

Just as much driving needed to get your food through all the depots to your supermarket as it takes huel to get my food to me.

Not even close!

I think this is the moment where we pause, and move onto other ‘services’ and leave Huel alone??

5 Likes

I work in the coop and we have very little food waste. Any food out of date is collected by the local food bank and homeless group. The only time we have waste is if the volunteers take some time off and don’t collect. I would imagine most supermarkets are similar nowadays.

3 Likes

Local fruit and veg shop? I haven’t had one of those in years.

Interesting but is the contents actually environmentally friendly, as I can’t see anything about that. All it says “Our products are vegan friendly, suitable for use with septic tanks and are not tested on animals.”

I’ve seen a brand called seventh generation, that they claim to be biodegradable and friendly to the earth but how true that is?, when they emphasises plant based(only around 86% at that). Being plant based does not automatically mean safe and clean and low enviromental impact, it also doesn’t automatically mean it’s easily biodegradable. Pla plastic is plant based and biodegradable, but unlikely unless it’s place in a commercial composting plant.

1 Like

On this page they discuss how they decide what to put into the products
https://www.splosh.com/about-us/whats-inside

They don’t necessarily use 100% natural products in every product. It depends on viable naturally sourced options being available and whether the natural ingredient is actually more eco-friendly than its synthetic counterpart.

They don’t go into a huge amount of detail about exactly what is in their products. Just cover the higher level what’s and why’s.

2 Likes