Wise Discussion (previously Transferwise)

Yes, that’s exactly it

3 Likes

Well they didn’t tell any of their partners in advance - international transfers at the bottom of the Monzo app (even today’s public update) still has the TransferWise logo.
Although if they had told Monzo in advance, the APK disassembly thread might have picked up on it (short of hosting the logo externally)!

2 Likes

If you’re going to type ‘wise’ into Google, it’s as easy to type wise.com

(I had a friend who banked at Cahoot, and used to type google.com into the browser in order to type ‘cahoot’ into the search box, just to get to the website to login, rather than just type cahoot.com in the first place 🤷🏻)

You say “‘TransferWise’ tells you all you need to know”, but Wise has said it wants to diffuse away from being associated with only transfers.

I think it’s a good thing, but then I love a good rebrand.

2 Likes

Me too. But a bad rebrand… Eww.

(I think this is a good move. I like the name and I think it’s suggestive of some interesting ways in which they could take the business.)

1 Like

Looking at the current top hits I suspect it won’t take long for that to change

I use Bing (I know) and they aren’t even on the first page. Clip art owls rank higher in the results than they do

Is that unexpected after 1 day?

We did have advanced notice, it just takes a bit of time to catch it everywhere.

3 Likes

They’re now using an ad to force themselves to top of Google search…

1 Like

Debit card is free if you order it before 31/03/21

1 Like

Was it not free before?

This is what I thought too. I remember it being top up £20 and you’d receive a card.

Saw the free offer, clicked through, and was exactly the same. Unsure if there was some time in between when it was paid? :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I might try and open another account and try. My old one had an incorrectly spelled name and apparently you can’t change your first name so ended up closing it :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

That is terribly unhelpful :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

£/€5, yesterday I received the offer

Virtual cards! One free one at least (haven’t read further), and you can add to Apple/Google pay.

1 Like

Well aren’t you a bundle of joy

4 Likes

Wise apparently listed on the Stock Exchange earlier today.

1 Like

Still think they’re garbage, whether they call themselves Wise or Transferwise. I’d much rather deal with Revolut than Wise.

1 Like

Why do you prefer Revolut over Wise?