[Wiki] How To Make A Large Bank Transfer

Presumably many multiples of £10,000 would get blocked for a security check anyway, so for something well above the limit it would probably be better to use CHAPS and just pay the fee.

1 Like

That’s not my experience, think I’ve transferred 6 figures though them like that. You’d think so though, yes. Presumably depends on the standing of your account like most things - is this your normal level of usage.

1 Like

This is great, thanks for this. Just added First Direct.

2 Likes

They’re trying to help you stop buying new iPhones every year 🤷

2 Likes

TSB you can send up to £100k in branch free without charge then the CHAPS fee comes into play after that & online is up to 25k

2 Likes

Just had experience of Starling’s process. Payment was approved within 3 minutes.

4 Likes

Just in case anyone’s interested - here are the screenshots of the process after making the payment as normal.

I’m very impressed and will be sending them an email also to express this. It was a simple and easy question flow, it was reviewed extremely quickly and the payment was made without delay.

3 Likes

That last question is a bit odd, I wonder why they ask that?

Don’t a lot of those scammers say that your money is being moved into another of ‘your’ accounts?

3 Likes

Oh, I see - it’s to make sure you really are moving it to another of “your” accounts if that is what you think you are doing.

If you haven’t logged in before, then it’s probably not your own account.

Makes sense now!

3 Likes