Wiki: Current Account Switching Incentives 💸

Wouldn’t bank on Santander for much longer either. I gather that they generally only run them for a week or so.

With Santander, do I need to wait for the switch to complete before I deposit the £1500?

No, just at any point in time.

1 Like

Anyone had any luck with FD offer having already opened HSBC? I have never had a HSBC switch offer before. But I did open HSBC accounts in the past two years.

You can’t get the First Direct offer if you’ve had a HSBC account since 2018.

Potentially a silly question about the Santander offer. Unlike FD, it doesn’t say that I have to leave £1500 in for any set period of time. So could I for example move £500 in and out three times?

Usually, if it doesn’t say, They only want to see the money go in so I transferred it when I got paid and then transferred it out again

2 Likes

Yes, that’s how these things work.

1 Like

:radioactive: NatWest, RBS and Ulster closes tonight.

1 Like

I think it’s all down to chancing.

In the past I received the HSBC offers and opened a FD account and still got the bonus despite it being ‘prohibited’

Looks like the Santander £185 switch offer is closed/closing today… :pensive:

1 Like

No longer on the website, so I’ll pull it from the table at the top of this thread.

1 Like

That will be interesting. I’ve initiated the switch (with DDs in place) but currently on holiday and the internet banking details hadn’t arrived before I left so I have no real way of knowing what the status of the account is yet! Haven’t done the transfer yet either because I want to see that the money has actually gone in…

I was in the process of doing the switch yesterday but for some reason I got distracted and wondered off to do something else. Then remembered while cleaning the kitchen that I needed to make the switch. Alas no free money for me! :sob:

I’m in the same boat. Haven’t received card or banking details yet in the post so will not transfer funds until I do so.

The account has actually opened though and I do have switch date confirmed so I’m assuming they’ll honor all processes started before the offer was pulled.

1 Like

Quick Rant!

I am very pis*ed off with Monzo as they told me that my Switch to Santander has been denied and they haven’t given me a reason or anything.

Now I can’t get the switching money from Santander as Monzo denied the switch for some reason.

I have looked at the Monzo Account and I don’t see anything that could stop me.

I am not overdrawn, I closed my Investment Pot, I moved out all of my savings. I dont know what the hell Monzo is doing and not letting me switch.

I am going into my local Santander Branch tomorrow. To try and sort all of this out and maybe hopefully if i explain to Santander what has happened then maybe I can get the money. I’m not sure thou!

Rant Over!

2 Likes

Santander won’t be able to resolve the switch issue if Monzo are stopping it. Unless it relates to some details not quite matching up, i.e parties on account / their names, things of that nature. If it is something like that, they can re-key the switch. If not, it’d be pointless as Monzo would push it back.

They should be able to find some rationale, when I worked these, we’d get an error code and check it against a wiki for each bank. As for the incentive, this would be up to complaints.

You could complain to Monzo (as in both). But try get it resolved with both first! I wish you the best of luck, I’m incredibly tired but hope i’ve touched on all that is relevant – paging @Carlo1460

2 Likes

I’m not seeing any documentation on the website, pertaining to the £220 CASI. Has this ended?

Yep. A lot of offers and limited edition stuff with Santander don’t last too long.

I meant HSBC.