Why won't our Monzo cards work in Santorini, Greece,

:joy: oops.

But at least you know what’s going on now and can get replacements sent to there or home, so they’re waiting when you get back

3 Likes

Monzo should just reactivate the old cards (unless they were cancelled for fraud).

1 Like

Haha! I asked this very question because my wife used her OLD joint account card yesterday, which has been deactivated by Monzo and didn’t work.

The activation is still poorly explained as I’ve had to explain to a few people about freezing their card in order to bring up the “activate new card option”.

That’ll be £60 each please.

Oh, no. We’re not Starling customers :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry this happened… But also a little bit glad that it wasn’t our fault!

How long are you there for? We can get some replacement cards sent out to you in 2-3 days if you will be there for a while?

14 Likes

Hi @simonb please don’t apologize, we should be alright using Tandem until we get back. On reflection I’m not surprised this happened to be honest. Most transactions are through GPay for us, if this hadn’t been the case we would have stopped this issue much sooner :mondo: :joy:

4 Likes

What a total oops moment, but it’s easy to do. I’ve done that before with another bank and cut up the new card rather than the old one. D’oh!

Why can’t you use Google Pay there?

1 Like

Ha ha - I did this in Riga last year. So annoying! Glad the mystery is solved though…

1 Like

I juts discovered that I can :joy:, however slot of the places we have visited have a minimum spend of 30 or 50 before they will accept card. But

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.