Who wants a free Google Home Mini?

:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::+1::wink:

I need help with this too, signed up and added my family members but all I see is this?!

just reading T&C’s… looks like I have to wait for an email? not very clear process on sign up tbh.

Hey Adam, yes, you’ll get an email…

google_mini_spotify

Agree about the process, slightly confusing. Mine arrived on Saturday morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

I brought a code for £1.50 aha, ended up buying 3 :wink:

Mines coming today :sunglasses:

Arrived today after ordering 19th. Who doesn’t love free things!!

Mine’s arrived and is all set up in our corner of Monzo HQ :heart: we wanted to rename her, but when we asked her whether we could change the name she was like “NO”

Dat branding, huh?

2 Likes

Mine is here now :smiley:

Mine arrived Friday, spotted the offer in the music press and half our office ordered too.

Not expecting it to be life-changing but the Spotify integration is really good, the ability to control what’s on my TV via Chromecast is cool too.

Now I just need to work out if there are any useful Monzo x IFTTT recipes I need to be activating to use with it.

Yeah saying Hey Google will always be the worst and my only real gripe with mine.

1 Like

So I set mine up last night and I have the volume on the lowest setting when it speaks but it’s still so loud, no way you could use it during the night if people are sleeping.

How to you make it lower like you can with Alexa?

OK Google, turn your volume down to 5%.

I’ll try that, I did press the side button to the lowest but still loud.

Music and stuff like that is fine though just the speech part is not.

I’ve got mine set up in the office, and I genuinely don’t know what to do with it.

Since setting it up, I’ve not had the need to say anything to it at all.

The music integration with Apple Music is done through Bluetooth, which then keeps it linked for other things (which is a bit annoying).

The Google Assistant is clearly very good, but I just don’t seem to have a need for it?

What do others use it for?

1 Like

I use mine loads because I’m lazy :smiley:

• Timers
  • Asking what the weather is like tomorrow (so I know if I can go on my motorbike)
  • When certain stores close
  • In the morning I ask what the news is while making some toast
  • Adjust the heating
  • Announcements to all other speakers. EG. when dinner is ready.
  • Listen to Spotify or a Radio station

The more smart stuff I’m acquiring the more and more I’ll be using it.

2 Likes

There is some suggestion that the integration will improve in the future
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/2/26/18241049/apple-music-google-home-app-update

If you go into your Google Home app on your phone, click into the speaker, and go into the settings. Scroll down and there’s the option for a Night Mode.

You can set when you want night mode activated, the maximum speaking volume and LED brightness.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Having the same thing. Short of barking at it the other night to convert INR to GBP when booking flights I’ve not found any use for it

Temperature, Awair report, lights, timers, music, news, weather… :slight_smile: