When will Monzo support Apple Pay?

The reason I said it’s speculation is because the tweet doesn’t say anything. There’s a vague implicit message and your interpretation of that message is speculation over it because nothing is explicitly stated. No need to get all childish. Clearly what I said in my other recent post is my opinion

Obviously the point of my post was you posting your opinion as if it’s fact. You exclude any inference of it being an opinion. You speculated.

I wasn’t being childish, I found your post humourous because you in particular had so many words to say about people doing exactly what you just did.

1 Like

If this is because of apples NDA shame on them. They should know better… it’s not fair of them to treat smaller companies like this. This is a massively requested feature and it’s dissapointing a lot do customers / potentially effecting the Monzo image. I would understand if it was a new product and it hadn’t been launched at any bank before. But that’s not the case, we all know it will come but when…
They need to get off their high horse and allow these companies to provide a timescale etc. Realistically, how much harm would be caused? Not much…

Agree with everything you’ve said. Monzo have done well to engage so many of us into their brand, and I’ve spent lots of time checking Twitter, checking on here etc for updates regarding Apple Pay - that’s much more than I would have ever done with any other bank account! But in a world where tech updates happen so rapidly and you can buy almost anything and have it at your front door the next day, Monzo (& Apple) have been too slow and silent on this and I’ve also moved to Starling.

Brand loyalty is a difficult thing to establish and it’s a shame that Monzo just left me feeling frustrated. I have to say that the often patronising responses from mods on here hasn’t helped the situation.

Do you mean Mods or Leaders? There are 21 Moderators in here and 6 Leaders. I assume you mean the latter?

And if we’re going to discuss this, could you please point out the posts that you’re referring to please @tom11?

I think so, sorry, I’m not a regular poster and don’t know the difference. An example would be the ‘everyone who’s posted here will be blacklisted’ a few posts up - I realise it probably wasn’t intended to be patronising but the general tone from ‘leaders’ on here to people asking about Apple Pay has been stop moaning & go away - doesn’t really fit with the usual brand although I’m not sure if they are actual staff or not. Just my personal feelings and how I feel things have come across.

2 Likes

Monzo staff have this icon image next to their name and can be found here

https://community.monzo.com/groups/Monzo

1 Like

That was a joke :slight_smile:

It’s worth remembering that it’s easy to misinterpret the tone of user’s posts online. And Leaders are free to share their opinions - we don’t represent Monzo in any way.

The reality is that people posting about how the lack of Apple Pay has been negative for them isn’t going to change anything so it really is just a waste of time. That doesn’t mean that it’s bad to write those posts. I appreciate the fact that some people won’t want to hear that but not saying it means more wasted time so it’s a catch 22 in my opinion.

1 Like

Tom - that post was by me, and was intended to be humorous. Sorry you didn’t take it that way.

It certainly wasn’t patronising, and by the positive response it got, most people got the joke.

Like you, I can’t wait for Apple Pay.

5 Likes

This is exactly what I mean. I’ve come on here as a Monzo fan and customer to talk about their product - it’s quite patronising to tell me I’m wasting my time (& I do realise that anyway but have nowhere else to share these thoughts). Anyway, this is just a side point really and I didn’t/don’t want to get into an argument with anyone! Just something to be aware of as I’m sure you guys love Monzo more than anyone.

4 Likes

I’m just being honest. And you are misinterpreting the tone of my post there, it’s not intended to be patronising.

To be clear, if you’re posting about almost anything else then it’s definitely worth sharing your feedback. It’s just that in this particular instance, Apple decides when we get this feature & no amount of feedback will change that. As I said though, please do feel free to carry on posting your thoughts if you’d like to.

It’s not really on topic here, but if I may pass on something that it took me way too long to learn myself: How I intended something is utterly irrelevant. The only thing that matters in the end, is how the other party received it. And it’s my job to ensure they receive it in the way that I intended. If they don’t, then that’s my fault.

More to the topic: That is an assumption often repeated, but it is ultimately just that: an assumption.

6 Likes

I can (& do) try to ensure that but unfortunately that’s impossible to control.

But we are wasting our time, we all know Monzo isn’t gonna release Apple Pay or talk about it coz of fake/myth NDA yet we still post.

1 Like

I don’t even have any Apple devices, and yet I still follow this thread with morbid fascination :rofl:

10 Likes

I wonder what we’ll all talk about when Apple Pay is finally released

3 Likes

FitBit Pay, Garmin Pay, Samsung Pay, Pepple Pay

Pick a pay we will talk about it

8 Likes

You’re on a community forum.
Literally everyone who isn’t a representative of monzo is posting opinions This doesn’t have to be disclaimed with each post.
But if you’d rather throw ad hominems to sidetrack the thread away from the actual topic so be it

This is good practise in my opinion, all it takes is adding “I think” or “in my opinion” or “I could be wrong but” etc. before your statement to avoid confusing other users. I always do this & haven’t found it a burden. We (users) are discussing facts as well as opinions here so it’s good to make it clear which are which. You might find that your comments are questioned a lot less as a result too :slight_smile:

2 Likes