When is the next crowdfunding date?

Hello everyone!
Does anyone know the next time to invest in the crowdfunding of the Monzo Bank?
Have a nice week!

The last one was 6 weeks ago and they haven’t given any hints if or when there will be another

3 Likes

Some people have even speculated that there might not be another one :open_mouth:

5 Likes

If it happens at all I’d speculate that there’s no point even asking the question for another year or so.

3 Likes

Hope there’s another. Missed out the last one as I was too young by a few days :pensive:

Hi the quote below is taken from the first schedule when they did their first crowdfunding for 1million in 2016 (the 96 seconds one)

They have raised a lot more than this and I presume their targets and projects have all been massively exceeded, but the timings still seem correct - this would suggest there is one more crowdfunding left in Dec 2019 and a smaller one in Dec 2020.

I would rather they floated and used the cash and listed company status to help them expand in to the USA

QUOTE:
Next round: We will need to raise funds by April 2016 (a total of £6M including the £1M raise with Crowdcube). Subsequent planned raises are £10m (December 2016) £16m (December 2017) £20m (Dec 2018), £16m (Dec 2019) and £2m (Dec 2020) >> Future capital injections depend on the growth of the business and are subject to approval from the appropriate regulators. They may, therefore, change substantially.

9 Likes

Any speculation as to whether there’ll be an opportunity for existing/new crowdfunders to invest at the price Y Combinator are paying. This has occurred previously and also not occurred on one occasion

Also dos anyone have the latest gossip on when YC round may close?

It was said it could take 6-7 months as it needs the regulators approval.

My guess is that it should close sept/October
Then another crowdfund in December and then with over 3,000,000 customers and a launch in the USA sorted they will float mid / late 2020

Just my prediction

1 Like

Last I heard there may not even be another round. It’s up in the air at the moment I think.

1 Like

Where did you hear that?

Here’s a Forbes link around a potential raise this year:

(Albeit dated October 18)

That crowdfunding round happened in December 2018, a little earlier than that article predicted, but with the same goal of raising funds for a US launch.

EDIT: I read this again more closely. He does talk about a 2019 funding round more generally, not neccessary crowdfunding.

1 Like

The article mentions both actually

CEO and founder Tom Blomfield told Forbes that he’s already looking to raise even more money in 2019 to launch Monzo’s long-mooted U.S. expansion.

He then goes on to say

An additional £20 million ($26.2 million) is already set to be raised later this year (technically part of this current funding round), via a crowdfunding campaign that Blomfield says will be open exclusively to Monzo customers via the bank’s app.

But like I said it was back in October - Monzo are moving fast :muscle:

Edit: just read your edit

2 Likes

That £20 million was already raised :ok_hand:

As far as I know there’s no crowdfunding round planned.

It wasn’t at the time of writing, October 18?

No, it wasn’t. It has been now :slight_smile:

We raised it in December.

-

Thanks. As a fellow investor, I’m well aware of that

1 Like

My comprehension levels may be low as I’m not.long awake :sweat_smile:

But as far as a 2019 crowdfunding round I’m not aware of there being one.

1 Like

It would’ve been set in motion earlier than December though right? The hoops I would expect Monzo to have to have jumped through would have meant they knew there was going to be a round many months before.

Yes absolutely, I believe it took Monzo months working on the app flow

Beth said the £20m was already raised - it wasn’t…

1 Like