When is Monzo available in the US?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I love Cumbrian coffee :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Well, here is some more app based competition in the USA that Monzo will need to face

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/obeattie/status/1122880241087799296?s=21

11 Likes

Theyā€™re all at it!

I feel a Coral Crew Vegas meet-up in the near future!

there will be no Vegas meet up :pensive:

7 Likes

But if there is, what happens in Vegasā€¦

3 Likes

:us::eyes:

2 Likes

@tobyadams popped your post here, two prevent a second thread being created

2 Likes

Going to be super interesting to see how Monzo plays out in the US

@oliver your tweet was quoted above showing your excitement for an impending US launch. :tada:

I understand you and @matt were also at the core of Hailoā€™s app development and that business is listed as one of the ā€˜seven epic fails by businesses that tried expanding into foreign marketsā€™ on Firmex.com. Failure is a strong word, Iā€™d call it a learning curve and an opportunity to improve.

I was just wondering, what excites you both about Monzo going a similar route as Hailo?

Is there anything you have learned from the previous endeavour?

Do you think you can influence the success or failure of a unicorn as a single or couple of programmers, or do you think the outcome is influenced more by management/marketing/competition/various other things?

Best of luck!

1 Like

Do you have a link to that article at all? The one in your post itā€™s just to the home page.

Weā€™re very excited. We will be sharing lots more detail on our blog pretty soon, so watch this space. :eyes:

We learned a ton from the experience of Hailo ā€“ way more than we are allowed to or have space to go into here. Certainly that experience shaped some of our thinking and approach to expansion here, but itā€™s important to remember that Monzo is a very different business, at a different stage, in a different industry. There are lots of ā€œunknownsā€, and many of these can only become ā€œknownsā€ by going for it. We think weā€™re ready for this challenge and can manage the risks. :rocket:

12 Likes

:tada:
Canā€™t wait to know more.

2 Likes

Sorry, it got all wrapped in google spam and got fed up with trying to make the link work.

Seven Epic Cases of Companies That Failed Internationally | Firmex Resources should do the trick!

4 Likes

Thanks Oliver, great to hear the optimism. Youā€™ve got 1.9million people willing you to succeed! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Comes back as something unwanted

So Iā€™ve heard

1 Like

Los Angeles, you say? :thinking::us:

6 Likes

I am going to be travelling to California this summer and I am getting paid by a company to work out there. However, I have had to get a transfer wise card in order for them to pay me as I donā€™t think they can pay directly into a UK Bank, its a shame! but cant wait for the FULL MONZO EXPERIENCE to be accessible to America! I will definitely be doing my bit as word of mouth goes when Iā€™m out in the States.

2 Likes

There is plenty of America to go around and Revolut and N26 have their own issues. I think the develop first and then release is the best approach.

The English market is just getting started, best to walk before they can sprint.

Could someone send the Telegraph a photo to replace the prepaid card pic? And to Which? as well

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.