What's your smartwatch? ⌚

I’ve just got the Xiaomi Mi Band 4.

Its a cracking little fitness band. Got it Monday afternoon and have worn it continuously since and we’re on 86% battery. So looks like its going to meet the advertised rates.

3 Likes

I was tempted by an Apple Watch, to keep in the ecosystem, but it’s so expensive! I don’t really need access to all my apps on my wrist, just health tracking and basic notifications, so I know if I need to pull my phone out or not.

Yeah the Fitbit looks more like a bracelet than a traditional watch so it can definitely complement a smart watch

Hoping my charge 3 is delivered today

That’s what I went with in the end, mine’s coming today too! :smiley:

Garmin vivoactive 3. I wear it 24/7 and it lasts about 5 days, though I usually top it up now and then to give my wrist a break while I’m sat at my desk in work. Also use it to track mountain biking, sup boarding and indoor rowing. Would highly recommend.

1 Like

Apple Watch series 4 gold stainless steel with Milanese loop :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I want a smart watch but can’t afford one/am too demanding. I want heart rate, sleep tracking, step counting, time, NFC payments (Google Pay), and a few days battery life. Preferably to work with Vitality so I can get my free Starbucks without carrying a phone every time I walk.

*must be a cheap watch too

1 Like

I have a Huawei watch 2. Depending on usage I can get a couple of days out of it and has sleep tracking, steps and other workouts, NFS etc.

1 Like

Did you manage to get the NFC version? Xiaomi products are excellent!

Would a FitBit Charge 3 fit the bill? It’s got everything but Google Pay - but if you really want to pay with it, open a Starling account for the odd purchase?

Yes but as far as I can tell it only has alipay?

I used to work with someone from Hong Kong and he always told me about Xiaomi stuff - I’m begining to see why!

1 Like

I bought Xiaomi phones (MI A2) for my wife and I and we have never looked back. I think they cost £160 each and they have been excellent.

I’m thinking of picking up the new Fossil one. But I’m going to wait until the Pixel 4 hardware reveal on the off chance they do announce a Pixel Watch.

2 Likes

I’ve not been keeping up with the Pixel Watch rumours. Any likelihood that Google will introduce its own device?

It’s pretty unclear unfortunately, I would have expected some leaks by now. Although, there are some hardware codenames that have been spotted in Google bug reports that aren’t accounted for at the moment.

Given that Google “leaked” (if you can consider officially sharing stuff in advance a leak) the Pixel 4, I would not at all be surprised if they kept “other things” under wraps.

1 Like

The annoying thing is WearOS doesn’t work with vitality

Their integration with :android: is awful

Thoughts on this?

1 Like

So I’ve had a problem with my Apple Watch which is now back with Apple for a second time, and depending on whether its fixed (it needs replacing) will see if it gets replaced by something else (and potential the end of my relationship with Apple). A Pixel Watch would be great, otherwise I might go back to my trusty Citizen Eco Drive and forget about this Smartwatch stuff.