What's the worst feature of your legacy bank?

Like I said, many people are not as savvy as you. They’re probably much better at stuff you don’t know about, but when it comes to computers, internet and banking, it’s not as obvious to them as it is to you. (Or I)

As @DaveTMG says, even experienced people / businesses get caught out from time to time.

1 Like

So I was sat in Natwest earlier waiting for my fiancee to withdraw some cash when I heard something along these lines:

Customer: It hasn’t appeared in the app yet

Customer Service Assistant: Well sometimes it takes a few days to appear in there, it’s worth bearing in mind that the information in the app is the same information that appears on our system and it takes a few days until we can see it too.

My point is I then went in tesco to do shopping and my transaction appeared instantly, isn’t it nice to use a bank that is built on modern systems that allow up to date transactions for both customers and staff :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is completely broken. Banking should not work like this.

Someone has been telling me how Monzo is just a scam and ponzi scheme (not true…I hope!) and is a “bad bank”. In my books this (^) is a bad bank.

1 Like

Ponzi schemes tend not to be banks fully authorised and regulated by the FCA.

3 Likes

Are they credible…?

1 Like

Screenshot_2017-09-28-22-00-39

Not a ponzi play; it doesn’t fit the definition :slight_smile:

Well I know…

They work in finance and interestingly, in Russia.

This is by far the worst feature of my current bank! Every single weekend…I mean what the hell are they doing???CBC78EE8-4E36-478B-8EF0-9AC93548CE1C

4 Likes

is that a 3 hour outage or a 27 hour outage? :thinking: not very clear to me

1 Like

3 hours normally although I’ve known there to be 27 hour planned maintenance windows with them

This weeks Nationwide downtime from midnigjt Sunday to 3pm Sunday. 15 hours.

2 Likes

You’re of course 100% right @Birddog! I’m blaming being sleepy for my miscalculation :joy:)

Companies really should, for the avoidance of doubt, use 00:01–15:00, or 00:30–23:59 etc. People almost never view midnight correctly.

2 Likes

This has been Barclays for the past 3 months. Nightmare

On holiday at the moment.
Unfortunately it turns out I need the iban for an account I rarely use. Can’t get in since I have no idea what the stupid security details are.
I can understand extra security for transfers but all I want is the account details!

There must be a better way!!

F96BC129-3FF8-4C03-8922-C527C664119E

I hate Santander’s app! They are so unreliable as well…I’ve got a Direct Debit for my credit card…which they just decided not to process this month due to changing my details so I’ve have to do it manually!!

Could use the bank switching process to close the account. Pain free that when I closed my Santander account.

My most annoying thing with legacy banks and other utilities is phoning about something, and whilst on hold being told that I can have many queries answered or actioned online. Yet the reason I’m on the phone to you is to do something that cannot be done online.

8 Likes

I like the Santander app! So basic but at least it’s not asking for 500 different passwords like they do online.

1 Like

Okay, so shifted some money out of a legacy bank’s current account ready to close it. Then found out it is not possible to close it online, and have to ring them. Took a while to get round to that, and forgot about a standing order, so they charged my £10 fee for that. I then made sure there was £10 in the account and then rang them to close the account. Apparently they can’t close it if the balance isn’t zero! I have to wait until the fee is taken in two weeks time, and then phone again. :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes