What's the last thing you bought online? (No cheating!)

It’s not Hot Coral though…

1 Like

I had this poster in every bedroom since I was about 13 until I moved and lost it. Yesterday I bought a new one to be framed :raised_hands: (Points if you can name every rapper…)

rap%20gods%20poster

2 Likes

I can see Tupac, Pos from De La Soul, Eminem, Dre, Snoop, Big Daddy Kane, KRS-One, Biggie, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Chuck D, Ice Cube, Guru, Mos Def, I think the one with the 1988 shirt is supposed to be Pete Rock, Method Man with his arms stretched out and is that supposed to be Ice-T above him with the police outfit on?

6 Likes

Where’s Vanilla Ice?

1 Like

Coils for my vaporiser & liquids for my sister

2 Likes

Does responding to an online ad count? I bought this guy today…louie%20resized

23 Likes

Holy crap :heart_eyes: you win!

3 Likes

If you’re referring to the dog, there’s two chocolate ones left…

Inverclyde’s finest produce…

2 Likes

/thread - don’t think any of us can beat that!

how cute!!!

2 Likes

I don’t think the cat would appreciate! She’s already annoyed at having to share the house with us :joy:

2 Likes

Football lessons.

More photos please!!! :heart_eyes:

Yeah close the thread please, no more to see here.

1 Like

Ooo, what are these like for playing music? I kinda want one for my bedside table as an alarm, audiobook speaker and speaker to play the odd song on. I know it’s not gonna be super amazing but is it at least decent?

Also how does it work if you have your phone in the same room :thinking:

1 Like

Just fixed that for you :joy_cat:

Fixed

7 Likes

This is the only other photo I have. I’m picking Louie the Labrador up in 3 weeks time… Can’t wait for the fun to start!
louie2

6 Likes

Are you trying to turn this into a Whiskas kitten vs Andrex Puppy thread? :rofl:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s completely spot on! All of the rap god points to you :muscle:

3 Likes

As promised, I thought I’d update you on the beeswax wraps mentioned above. For anyone interested here they are:

So, they’re quite rigid thanks to the wax. You could hold them at one end and they’ll stay straight for a bit before ever so slightly bending. They smell pretty neutral, you get a hint of the pine used in the wax mix, but otherwise it just smells ‘natural’.

They aren’t sticky to the touch, but you can definitely tell they’re coated in something. If you hold them between your fingers for a little while you feel them become sticky as the heat from your hands loosens the wax.

Covering things like bowls is better than expected. The cloths create a pretty good seal (but not as airtight as cling film) but perfectly good enough to keep things fresh for a while. They really do stick to things like porcelain, though. You just need to press the cloth around the rim (whey ladsladslads) and apply some pressure and it creates a seal.

To wash them just rinse in cool water, the bees wax and pine create an inhospitable environment for bacteria so they actually stay pretty clean for a while (measured in months)

When the wax disperses (or indeed when you receive them in the post some of them might be a bit uneven as they’re handmade) just put the cloth between two sheets of grease proof paper and iron it for a few seconds and it evenly redisperses the wax compound. Should probably deal with bacteria as well I think.

TBH I’m really happy with my purchase, they look quite cool (the GF was very pleased with them) and I feel like I’m doing my part in using less plastic :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Could you not just get some nice fabric and beeswax and make them yourself?