What's the last bit of tech you bought?

Had mine a couple of months now :ok_hand:

Edit it’s the Body Cardio actually

Had a few issues with mine at first with body fat percentage

Not really to sure how accurate it is :man_shrugging:

They’ll vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and also differently to any that gyms might offer.

To be fair if you’re using the same scale all the time, then you can at least track to see if the % is going in the right direction. I’d take that as a key outcome rather than how accurate it can be. They’ll usually be in the ball park figure of been somewhere near the truth.

This thing tells me what my vascular age is now an all, new feature they added in. It’s roughly the same age as my physical age :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if you can tell, but I was running out of space for my books (my bookshelves are already completely full, this is the overflow) so decided investing in a Kindle would be worth it - loving it so far!

5 Likes

I just bought the doorbell rudedog recommended a while back – I now have high expectations for it!

@Ordog did you use the sticky pad or screws to mount it? I would like to go for the sticky pad as don’t want to borrow a drill, but also don’t want it falling off

Haha no pressure :laughing:

I went with sticky pads and it’s on the frame of the door. It doesn’t have any form of shelter from the elements and *touch wood* it has been fine for several years now.

1 Like

I just picked up a cordless Hoover today.

My dreams of growing up and spending all my money on cool stuff have ended :broken_heart:

4 Likes

One day I may go cordless, but with 2 rabbits in the house. The battery would die before it even cleaned part of the carpet 🤷

We have a cordless Dyson and I’m not a big fan. Handy for small clean ups but our corded Shark runs rings around it and if we had to have only one there’s no contest.

That said, tech does advance at a fair clip so I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before the battery hoovers are just as good (if it hasn’t already happened).

I have a cordless Dyson and it’s not great. Battery and suction aren’t worth shouting about it.

It will be replaced by a corded one at some point.

1 Like

Well it sounds like I might have buyer’s remorse with all these cordless reviews :broken_heart:

Main part was taking up less space, currently have an ancient Dyson one which has seen better days and is HUGE.

I’m a cordless convert!

I’ve exclusively been using cordless vacuums from Dyson since 2012, though it wasn’t until the more recent V8, where I’ve felt they can actually outperform the corded ones!

Battery lets it down, because you do need it on max suction to get corded levels of suction, and it won’t last that long on that mode, but you don’t need it for everything. The motorised brushes have always been responsible for removing most of the dirt, not the strength of the suction.

I believe mine lasts 60 minutes on standard suction, 12 on max. Somewhere in the middle if you switch between them. The standard suction on my current dyson is stronger than the max used to be on my first one though. These things improve leaps and bounds with each new version. If your cordless is a relatively new model, I’m sure you’ll love it!

Convenience wins over the drawbacks for me. If I had a corded vacuum I’d just never vacuum. They’re annoying. I love my cordless one and will never go back! If you have a larger home or need to use the higher suction, a second battery will make your life a lot better!

I hate wires with a passion. They’re ugly, annoying and messy looking.

2 Likes

I have a cordless vacuum. My cleaner does the more thorough cleaning with her hoover, and then I have the Dyson to just tidy up here & there between her visits.

It’s great, and I would highly recommend cordless!

2 Likes

Professional cleaners are underrated! I suspect due to the assumptions these services are expensive and for wealthy people, but they’re really not, and it makes a profound difference to your well-being.

3 Likes

We have a cordless Hoover and we love it :+1: works well for us and we got two batteries, so can do the whole house no problem.

1 Like

I think there’s definitely those assumptions in it! I don’t have one but I was considering it when I was out 12 hours a day.

I don’t think of it as paying for a cleaner, more so keeping my free time. Do I want to spend a few hours on Saturday morning doing chores or do I want to pay for that problem to go away and then I can do what I want?

2 Likes

We sent our Dyson off to be serviced recently.

Didn’t know it was a thing but it’s like brand new now and it now smells floral when you turn it on too :rofl:

2 Likes

This is 100% how I look at it. I live alone, in a 3 bedroom house. My cleaner comes every 2 weeks, and does the bathrooms and hoovers and tidies the kitchen. I don’t like dirt, but I cba with the bathrooms and my time is much better spent not doing that.

£20 for a session every 2 weeks is pretty cheap for my circumstances.

2 Likes

And they’ll do a better job than you, and quicker!

£20 very well spent!

1 Like

WOAH! No one can do anything better than me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But yea, 100% definitely. Anyway, back on to latest tech bought.

I bought a new TV. It’s not arrived yet. Due Thursday/Friday. I’m away on Saturday. Sad times.

2 Likes