What's the last bit of tech you bought?

Indeed. The bits I ordered in December aren’t being shipped until the end of the month; GPU’s even going back to the 10-series on the Nvidia side are scarce too. Glad I got my GPU when I did, but it’s probably going to have to last me until next year at least.

As for the 3060Ti, I’d (personally) use the waiting time to save a bit longer for the 3070 or 3080 and keep it until it a little longer. The 3070 isn’t that much more expensive but may mean that you can miss out next year’s likely futile game of GPU hunting.

1 Like

Just copped a Apple Watch Series 6, intend it to be the last “material” item of expense I buy this year - plan on paying off any debt this annum and use the watch to benefit me physically and lose those lockdown pounds…

Best bit is they only charged me £19.00 for a solid 4 days till applying a new charge to the card after realising their mistake lol

2 Likes

This is a bold claim on the 7th day! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Bitcoin

Hahahah, I mean I’ll still “treat myself” as you will but I don’t see myself spending a significant amount that matches or nears the cost of a watch…

I’ve deffo jinxed it now :grimacing:

1 Like

Why exactly is there a stock shortage? Corona virus mainly I’m assuming?

There’s a few theories floating about. Supply chain problems caused by the virus and Brexit; scalpers using bots to snap up any available stock; or in the case of GPUs, it could be crypto miners looking for a competitive advantage. I had hoped things would improve after Christmas, but time will tell I guess.

1 Like

First time installing a mobo and it went smoothly

One of these for my Dad.

He hasn’t been able to change the time on it, but he has managed to send me a photo of my mum, who I haven’t seen in 12 months. I had no idea they still made phones with cameras that bad :joy:

5 Likes

Is this an XpressMusic remake? I loved my original 5310

That’s right. You’ll be delighted to know that he has now got it on the correct time and date, and has progressed to sending texts. ALL IN CAPITALS, THOUGH.

4 Likes

Might just be excited to use the phone :grimacing:

1 Like

Upgraded my XR to an 11. Unfortunately it involved downgrading the colour from Coral to Black.

1 Like

Been a while since I posted here, but I got a Pixel 5 and an Xbox Series X in the latter months of 2020. Don’t think I bought any other tech earlier in 2020 worth mentioning.

Finally finished modding my PC

3 Likes

Nice. One of them is on my plans, probably around Easter. Get on the RTX bandwagon and get their cool AI stuff.

1 Like

Apple Watch, I am happy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just purchased the EzViz C3X Wi-Fi security camera dual lens with colour night vision.

I just bought a Chromecast with Google TV and it’s great. The setup is super easy, the UI is good and it works really well. I’m considering nest audio speakers next.

1 Like

Thank you to Ayub from DPD for struggling through some intermittent drizzle to deliver this baby yesterday.

Goodbye stuttering FireStick, hello fuss free streaming.

Goodbye old Apple TV which refused point blank to play my music, hello to tripping the light fantastic in my undercracks.

Goodbye tap tap tap on the remote, hello iPhone keyboard and Safari password manager.

Goodbye wired headphones whose volume has to be adjusted deep within the TV settings, hello AirPods with volume control on the remote.

6 Likes