What's the last bit of tech you bought?

Can I ask why you have oil central heating, was it by choice or already in the property?

Living rural we’re not connected to the main gas supply so we opted for LPG instead as it was much cheaper. Just want to check that I’ve not overlooked anything.

Perhaps a silly question, but does the Eero support VPNs?

My main question is why so many people are ringing his bell

3 Likes

I’d probably have about 11 quid by now if I did the same thing.

Dog-sense followed by Dog-alert kinda halts people from pressing the doorbell.

3 Likes

Someone has been having too many mates round during lockdown

1 Like

Or a lot of Uber eats and amazoning :grin:

2 Likes

Kerosine was in the property when we moved in. Also the stuff I read in the past it is slightly cheaper to run over LPG but that info is a bit old. There is no mains gas option here as well.

1 Like

No gas mains and LPG runs alot more than oil when we tried to work it out and my dad owns this house and has not lived here in years so it’s in poor repair.
We burn wood 90% of the winter to save money and not run the oil.

Theres not even mains sewerage up here so there will never be gas.
(Gas is rare in my area due to it being rural and there being alot of mineshafts)

Yep, no problem at all.

1 Like

I’ve realised I’ve had them in for several days in a row. More or less forgotten about them, at home and out. I noticed one fell out overnight in bed, but that’s it!

When I take them off, there’s just a gentle buzz everywhere. I wonder whether it’s bad getting used to them…

1 Like

So thinking about a Tech Purchase but haven’t made yet. Planning on upgrading my PC monitors soon.

Just been looking at super-wides - and saw this.

Seems alright, but never used a ‘double wide’ screen before - so just wondered if anyone has any recommendations, or anyone would warn off these style of monitors?

Would you use it as one screen or effectively split it into two and have if half and half?

Otherwise reading across it might be like watching tennis!

For work / general stuff - use as a split screen - though I’m not sure how well they work in that regard - are they treated as 2 separate monitors in windows or 1 whole monitor?

And for gaming, which I don’t do much of, full fullscreen.

I’m personally not a fan (for the way I work).

They look super cool, but I prefer having a main monitor (straight ahead) and a secondary monitor to the side at an angle towards me.

I also prefer generally working full screen. Excel is my bread and butter so I really appreciate having the screen space to see as much as possible.

All this said, it really depends how you prefer to work.

1 Like

Just bought these for the Mrs and I have to say they’re shockingly good for £29.

It’s amazes me that AirPods are still flying off the shelves at 4x the price.

It’s treated as one monitor.

I have a Dell 21:9 3440x1440 display, and I love it. Ideal for having an IDE open along with whatever you’re working on (web page, database inspector, mobile device simulator etc)

For the kind of work I do, I’d find it hard to do without one now.

1 Like

I have 6 24inch IPS monitors. Nothing fancy or costly but the display is amazing and I much prefer the distinction between each monitor.

It’s a slippery slope though as you can never have too many monitors :joy:

1 Like

It’ll come down to the software probably, and the fact it’s Apple. Cheaper products that many would consider knock offs based on the design have had a whole host of horror stories involving them.

Vast majority of iPhone fires we hear about usually are caused by cheap knock off chargers, for example.

Just make sure they’re CE mark certified before buying things like that. You’d be surprised how many actually aren’t. Especially from Amazon.

1 Like

Yeah this is the problem I’m having. I was trying to find a third monitor for my current set up but can’t find the same model. And I can’t deal with them being different.

Though I can’t imagine 6! Do you have a model you recommend?

I also can’t really fit 3 screens on my current desk so I need a new desk too…

I think it’s this one but I’m not at home to be 100% sure on the model number.

I started with 2, then went to 3 and now I’m at 6 :grimacing:

1 Like