What's the last bit of tech you bought?

:joy::joy:

Noted.

This how much I love this vacuum, I am actually going to argue with you on it :stuck_out_tongue:

This vaccum is superb because of the way it is put together, it is so easy to take it apart depending what you need it for.

Regular vacuum, fine.

Need to reach really tall places? Take off the silver bar and use that.

Need to hoover the stairs? Just take off the handle and leave silver bar where it is.

Need to carry it around? Take off the carpet section.

Need to clean it? Press a button which will allow you easy access to the rollers at the bottom.

Two suction types for carpet and non-carpet on the power button. Easy to flick between the two.

Basically my last vaccum was a Dyson and it was crap. When I got this and vaccumed my carpets upstairs I had to empty it twice cause they were that minging and this is that good.

I will fight anyone who says otherwise!!

#TeamShark!!

1 Like

Plug in and charge. I bought a generic cordless stick charging stand that the supplied Dyson docking unit attaches to. I’d link to it but I’m not sure I’m allowed. It cost me £44 and it’s a good bit of kit.

Bought this the other day to carry as spare when taking photos :slight_smile:

With 2, you can have double the enjoyment and not miss a shot when you need it most, also stops me from asking the other half to borrow her camera or battery :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What drive did you get?

A few months ago I got a MyCloud network drive so I could automatically back up my laptop whenever I take it home (I leave it at the office during the week). My old iMac has an external drive for Time Machine too but I realised it can do a duplicate backup to the MyCloud too.

It’s nothing fancy, but I like knowing its just sitting there on my network and backups are running magically without me having to remember to plug anything in.

Based on @simonb 's glowing opinions a Google Home Hub and I love it!

1 Like

Seagate 1TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 (and had to get a USB Type-C to Micro-B separately, but Amazon do one). It’s fast, quiet and all I need. Currently £50 on that there Amazon.

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active for as a present :gift:

1 Like

I’m very likely to get ashark when my Dyson dies (we have an upright and handheld). Although the upright is great I don’t think it justifies the significant premium they charge for it. Heard nothing but positive things about Shark so I’d rather save the money and go that way.

1 Like

Some brands are just that synonymous with their product category.

I don’t even know what another word for Post It note would be and Hoover is both a verb and a noun as far as I’m concerned.

I guess Google qualifies too, although in that case I would imagine people literally mean to use Google as the alternatives aren’t worth the time.

1 Like

“hoover” (lowercase h) is in the OED as referring to any vacuum cleaner.

3 Likes

I don’t actually use itunes for anything but I do pay for all of the streaming services so want the best media player for them. Our smart tv apps are very hit and miss. I think I’m going to wait for the rumoured March 25 event and hope that they release a new one!

I got my mum a 4k Fire stick and I was really dissapointed about the build quality of the remote and how pushy the amazon advertising is!

Can’t argue on the remote at all. I’ve just bought a couple of the 4K sticks (we already have the v2 sticks on a couple of other TVs, and the very slow/almost unusable v1 sticks on a couple more). I was shocked at how lightweight, badly made and unsubstantial the new remote is compared to the v2 voice remote. But, remote aside I am still a fan of the Amazon Fire TV platform over the Apple TV (I was also an Apple TV devotee before Amazon Fire TV came along). Fell out of love with Apple TV due to the high price and limited development of the platform.

I’m going to posit ‘Sticky note’ here and see if anyone disagrees.

7 Likes

I don’t deny ‘hoover’ exists as a one word cover all for any vacuum cleaner, but it’s not like it’s even a chore to say ‘vacuum’, it has exactly the same amount of letters as ‘hoover’. I don’t refer to my new Dyson as a ‘hoover’, I call it the ‘stick’ which has only 5 letters and is even easier to say than either of the other two…:wink:

See what a pedantic old git I am :laughing:

1 Like

Everyone writes notes with a biro. Americans are always xeroxing things. Images are often photoshopped. To add another few examples.

3 Likes

Words genericise over time. It’s part of the beauty of the English language. I’ve even been known to use Bing to google…

6 Likes

Just won a brand new one off ebay. Stupid payday :man_facepalming:

My dyson cordless is probably my favourite piece of tech!

1 Like

Pixel 3

Taking the jump into android for the first time in 8/9 years.

What to do about my Apple Watch? At the moment I will hook it up to my work iPhone but in the future I’d like something that is as good at activity tracking as the Apple Watch but also can do mobile payments.

Any suggestions?

Many of my friends have recommended FitBit but no FitBit pay support! Given how bad the Android Wear watches are always reviewed this is a good reason for Monzo to support more platforms perhaps.

Garmin do some excellent fitness watches using Garmin Pay. Might be worth looking at those?

I do actually have a Garmin watch as my main wearable, but it doesn’t support any form of mobile payment, it’s a Fenix 3. I’m hoping to remedy this in the next couple of months when I go to the USA where I’m going to buy an Apple Watch 4 (purely for the ECG feature which is unavailable here in the UK at the moment).

No Garmin Pay support either