What's the last bit of tech you bought?

I will gladly take it off your hands :wink:

It’s ready to collect and I’m thinking I should just leave it and claim the refund.

2 Likes

Glad I don’t use Samsung phones anymore. I complain about Apple’s quality control on newly released products, but bloody hell Samsung…

5 Likes

Hasn’t this been a problem for a few years now? I recall their flagships at one point being banned from flights.

It’s been far too common and widespread that I’d just never personally trust a Samsung phone. It’s worse when you factor how they tried to gag people and cover it up too.

2 Likes

I thought that was just the case with the Note 7. After that we never heard much about their phones battery problems again, but looks like - in the longer term at least - they still have some way to go.

3 Likes

:flushed:

You flying anytime soon?

1 Like

As long as you don’t store your newly bought phone for 1 year+ with a flat battery, you’re probably fine*

*from what I gathered by watching the above video

3 Likes

Ah yeah just watched the video, obviously a problem but less concerning than I thought.

1 Like

8 Likes

For those who have the new AirPods Pro, is the mounting mechanism for the tips the same as 1st gen? If so, consider getting some Comply memory foam tips for even more isolation. They really were a game changer for me as the fit wasn’t brill which put me off using them unless necessary.

2 Likes

Yes, and similarly who has a library/collection of so many old phones? Still, it’d be good for Samsung to get to the bottom of this once and for all. What are they doing different from other lithium ion battery producers who appear to (at least fewer newsworthy incidents) have a slightly better track record?

2 Likes

The ear tips are unfortunately different on the second generation, so the first gen tips won’t fit. But I can’t see it being long before everybody updates and releases 3rd party tips.

1 Like

Great question.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if Samsung is producing the batteries in most phones. Which makes it super strange why this is affecting their models in particular.

I’d say I’m surprised but redesigning that connection is the most Apple thing they could do!

Besides keeping the lightning port that is

2 Likes

Does a Shark count?

Good deal via MSE

Does not buying something count? :smile: Idk, I just wanted to mention somewhere how great it is that Apple now allow you to extend AppleCare+ after the initial two years are up. Instead of having to buy a new watch soon, I can keep using my S6, and once the battery finally gets to 80% (2 more to go, and I’m doing my best to get there!) I will just get a new/refurbished for the price of a battery replacement

I’m planning to pick up AirPods Pro 2 though – third time’s a charm? The first time I tried AirPods Pro I didn’t find the noise cancellation that great, and the second time they made me feel dizzy.

5 Likes

I’ve always found them to be really good, compared to my over head bose. The Bose are better but then again as they close around the full ear Id expect that.

The dizziness thing, I get this when they’re set to transparency mode and something really loud happens.

That whole “instant noise cancellation” thing gets me every time.

Downside to AppleCare+ for the AirPods (Pro/Pro 2/Max/3, etc.) is that you can only buy two years worth of coverage - you can’t seem to extend it like all other products. But I’m delighted that I can go beyond three years coverage for my 14" MacBook Pro.

1 Like

Crazy! I knew about the Note that had the whole exploding issue but the fact he seems to show it happening without use/charging over long period across years of models is scary.
Thats them back on the warn list when anyone asks me.

2 Likes