What's the last bit of tech you bought?

Looks quite decent! I’ve been debating a Synology

I was debating one too, but then I found a quadcore pc with 4gb of ram and 8 sata ports on ebay for around £30. Been running a few TB plex server on it for quite some time without any issues.

Need to upgrade some of the hard drives soon though, only got about two months of DVR recording space left on it.

A couple of these: https://www.wyzecam.com/wyze-cam-pan/

(Talon Fast) #304

Bose QC35 II headphones. Absolutely loving them so far! https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/quietcomfort-35-wireless-ii.html

Did you buy them on their site? What’s the ETA for UK shipping?

They are going to my brother in the US first then on to me

(Ben ) #307

Not tech, but kitchen tool… I’ve gone and bought a new Lodge cast iron pan as they were £25 online vs the usual £45 I’ve seen them for.

Always been a big fan of cast iron, have a small one I’ve had for about 8 years now that’s been great.

The thing with cast iron pans if you don’t know, is that you need to season them, to improve the cooking surface. As they age the seasoning makes for a better cooking surface. Basically coat in a thin layer of oil and heat. etc.

Well, I discovered today, that the pan I’ve had for 8 years is actually coated with a thin layer of black enamel. And I’ve been diligently seasoning and ‘caring’ for the thing since I’ve had it, and it’s totally not been required.

Anyway. New pan good. Old pan make me look stupid.

(Brian Hunter) #308

Always thought the cast iron looks cool if anything else. Like you are cooking out on the range.

(Andy) #309

I just bought a Fitbit Versa and recycled my Apple Watch whilst I await the Apple Watch 4 but I’m so impressed with the Fitbit and more so, the Fitbit app, that I might just skip Apple Watch 4.

(Dan Baker) #310

I’ve just bought a smart toothbrush. I was needing to buy a new toothbrush anyway and with EPP discount at Apple, I got it for just over £80. I’m a sucker for ‘smart’ things, and the Apple Watch app sealed it for me!

Does it work with Android?

Also curious as to how it handles the ‘mappings’ for missing / half teeth…

(Dan Baker) #312

It has an android app, even though the product is advertised as ‘only at the apple store’. And can’t comment on how they Android app compares to the iOS one.

Fortunately, I don’t have any teeth missing but I have one tooth that’s wonky and has a gap between it and the next tooth. So I’ll see how the mapping handles that.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.colgate.colgateconnect

My quip is on its way

(Phil) #314

Smashed my phone screen a couple of weeks ago so had to get a new one: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
It’s a beautiful device.

(Glenn Lewis) #315

A man with no teeth that buys a toothbrush. Interesting. :thinking:

(Izzy) #316

Last thing i bought was a Zhiyun Smooth 4 Gimbal

So far I’ve been impressed. Used it whilst cycling in the New Forest with the kids last week whilst on holiday and my GoPro/iPhone videos are silky smooth.

(Colin Robinson) #317

Ditto.

(Dan Baker) #318

Don’t have any teeth missing* oops :joy:

Seriously tempted to get a gimbal. Don’t make too many videos right now but with the little one starting to move around, it would be a nice to have.

(Lebert) #320

Got the Honor 9 Lite couple days ago. I am impressed.