What's the last bit of tech you bought?

Sure, but then it involves running mains across the ceiling… (also unless they’ve changed it since I got mine the mains powered one is a different model, so switching would mean throwing the current ones away).

1 Like

I’ve already had to throw a set away. The OG battery Nest Protect sensors only had 7 years life, then they shutdown. Bin time. On the plus side, you can replace with the 2nd Gens (now with 10 year sensor life) for a slightly discounted price.

Expensive stuff is safety.

2 Likes

Depends how you define “best”

Most expensive would probably be a few routers worth £200+

But most useful is probably the screen protectors and cables, I will never need to buy a cable or charger again. Also buying a place and so far have got pots and pans etc all for free.

They are clever though, as I will never get rid of prime of this account now as it pays for itself.

You see some random stuff on there though.

So I caved and bought one of these.

This was my wifi before I plugged it in, not bad for up here, but it was dithering on 3Mbps the last few days, which is what made me go and buy these.

Wifi

Plugged in to an extension cable

Hmmm, not that impressed. Barely an improvement. I wonder what its like if I plug directly into the wall socket, would that improve it?

Zooooooom zoooooom! Cooking on gas now!

4 Likes

Perfect then :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Yeah plugging it into an extension cable will further the delay but happy days!

Maybe tech, maybe not but I like it anyway, birthday present from family. Spigen valentinus magnetic card holder:

2 Likes

Quite nice, like an improved-upon Apple MagSafe Wallet

Looks great. I’m still on the XS & wish I had MagSafe. I suppose I could just superglue one onto the back of my phone case as then I can just switch case to remove it.

Quality seems good so far, won’t be something I use all the time, so didn’t want Apple wallet (expensive) so picked this instead, got good reviews too.

I did see somewhere selling MagSafe wallets with magnetic stickers for older phones.

I actually use an adhesive one at the moment. This one > Sinjimoru

1 Like

The same people that make @Tr3vorA wallet make this

Spigen OneTap Magnet Ring, Wireless Charging Conversion EZ-Kit for MagSafe, Compatible with iPhone, Galaxy, Pixel and Xiaomi etc - Matte Black https://amzn.eu/idNMFVg

It’s designed to turn a case into a MagSafe case, so might not work for a wallet.

2 Likes

Is the magnet any good? I’m after a MagSafe wallet, but lots of people say the Apple one isn’t very strong :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Think it works well without the case too, but defeats the object imo.

I purchased an Apple case £60 or whatever, it’s done a good job albeit battered and falling apart after 12 months

I tried a apple wallet in store last week, and have to say i think mine is nearly as strong a magnet. My wife has to go back soon to apple store to pick up a replacement strap under warranty, I’m looking forward to another play around with apple wallet and compare the two side by side. Now mine will slip off in my pocket depending on how i try to grab it etc, but from what i have read apple wallet does the same.

2 Likes

does any one have an external usb drive for their ps5 is it any good any recomendations ?

1 Like

On the MagSafe chat, I just picked up a MagSafe car window mount to replace my old QuadLock one. Need to give it a proper test drive.

I stuck it to my kitchen window and it seems good tho so

1 Like

Just ordered one of these for my dog. Not sure how long they’ve been around, but as someone that’s been a fan of and closely followed the US wearable pet tech companies like Fi and Whistle, it’s nice to finally have something that seems decent in the U.K. and with GPS.

2 Likes

I’ve been eyeing a few dog trackers up for a while now after our girl got lost when we let her off the lead for the first time (luckily someone found her) so been debating about getting a tracker myself and this was definitely one of them. Looks decent too!

1 Like