What's the last bit of tech you bought?

An NVME drive is no faster than a SATA ssd really, although they also cost a similar amount. Totally with you on building a computer though! Do it!

1 Like

I went all NVME for my most recent rebuild, although mainly for the space + cabling savings.

It’s such a shame Intel sold their SSD business. The 660p was a BRILLIANT SSD for gaming in terms of £/GB - I got a 2TB for c. £200, when at the time any other 2TB NVME SSD would have been £280+ minimum.

You’ll be very happy with your SSD. NVME is technically significantly faster than SATA, but for games, any SSD will get you 90% of the benefit.

2 Likes

I’ve used Motif a lot for photo books! They’re excellent quality. If you remember Apple’s old printing service before they scrapped it, this is the company that provided that service for Apple.

The pricing varies by size and numbers of pages. Well worth the price though. Great keepsakes.

Pricing is here:

https://www.motifphotos.com/en-gb/pricing

Edit to add: in case you miss it, base prices are for 20 pages.

2 Likes

Have put the coffee machine on hold (for a month or two) for one of these puppies:

not really tech but the coutdown is on to thurs when my new car arrives its been a long 7 months :slight_smile:

What are you basing this on?

I’d say there’s a huge gulf between the lastest NVME drives using PCIE4 and a regular orld SATA SSD.

Granted the SATA may still be more than fast enough, but the difference is still considerable.

Definitely counts as tech. What are you getting?

I’ve waited 5 months so far and still have another 8 to go :sob:.

Does a lawnmower that I have to push count as tech?

I couldn’t justify/afford a robot one :frowning:

2 Likes

Bought myself a second hand xbox series s yesterday along with 12months of Live Gold that I then upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate for £1.

I wasn’t very productive for the rest of the day, and counting down to quitting time now to get back at it.

1 Like

I’m off to the US at the end of the week so bought myself an AirTag to throw in my suitcase :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You should have bought the full 36 months before converting!

1 Like

I’d be interested.

I got these last Prime Day. Cordless garden tools are great value these days.

I was tempted to but figured it was more sensible to buy 12months and see how much I use it

im getting a tiguan life … it better worth the wait lol

1 Like

Decided to take the plunge …

2 Likes

This morning when reading this, still asleep I may add. I understood you to be saying you’re watching countdown until your new car arrives. Didn’t make much sense at the time, now I’m fully awake it makes perfect sense. :rofl::sob::rofl:

2 Likes

ha ha ha :smiley:

1 Like

What difference? The sequential read write speeds are faster but unless you are copying from one NVMe drive to another that’s hardly a relevant number for an average user. The actual performance for things like game load times should be about the same right?

Looks some bit of kit, enjoy

1 Like

I’m regretting not going for the 36 months but AFAIK after 12 months if it expires you can do the same thing again, or use one of the codes from turkey (dodgy as crap IMO but if microsoft honour it meh.). Personally I don’t play enough games to ever justify full price.

1 Like