What's the last bit of tech you bought?

Not sure if it counts but I ordered a Quip toothbrush. I’ve heard a bit of hype on the interwebs and I needed a new toothbrush so I thought I’d give it a go. It’s compact enough to carry around and makes for a handy toothbrush for home as well.

1 Like

One for this thread but I’d be interested to hear what you think of Quip. I’ve been interested in it but the international shipping has been a barrier for me going for it.

1 Like

Have I mentioned just 4 more days till I get my note 9 ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So some feedback on Smol - product’s good, but probably not good enough to justify the spend. I would have been happy to take an occasional box, but they made it so very difficult to unsubscribe that cancelling everything seemed like the best option. Pity :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I’ve just changed the frequency to push it back a few weeks

I did that, then the missus asked when the next lot were due as we had nearly run out! :laughing:

1 Like

I’m the same, but I’d take Dash Charging over Wireless any day…

2 Likes

Just be aware that the faster you charge your battery, the more damage you do to it. I plug my wireless charger into a relatively weak USB over night so it takes longer to charge, this being way better for the battery life.

1 Like

Anyone got recommendation for fairly maintenance free and not too expensive security cameras? Just need two, ideally PoE or wireless.

Although not cheap because of the monthly costs I wish nest camera’s or similar had a lower ongoing cost.

Never really noticed an issue with Dash Charge. I’ve had a OnePlus for the last 3 years and the battery is still pretty good! Think they’ve done a lot of research into it.

Yeah I don’t want anything like ring or nest with ridiculous subscription fees

I’m upgrading my network soon so might just wait till then and do it all at the same time and feed the camera on to my server

Yup… to be fair, IF I get this house… i’ll stick some Nest camera’s up and get subscriptions for important area’s.

So far from reviews, they’re definitely ahead of Ring’s image quality/reliability.

Probably Netgear Arlo then… only annoying thing is you’ll need to change/recharge the batteries if in an area with high activity.

I’ve worked with Oppo, yep they’ve done a lot of research, including modifying the battery technology to accept faster charging. But that’s by the by, all else being equal slower charging is better for the battery. You say your battery is pretty good, but it would be even better if you’d slow charged it.

3 Likes

I got my wife a OnePlus 6 to replace her Nexus 6P and she loves it. For the price it’s amazing given the specs and now three years of software updates.

The only thing stopping me is the camera, which is decent but I’m just spoiled by my Pixel. Otherwise I’d definitely have one.

1 Like

Ta. Forgot about that thread

This is on my list too, just as soon as I’ve used all of the 4TB Datastore in my homelab. What one did you go for in the end?

Ebuyer have sold out now but I’m sure that you can find ones for a similar price elsewhere :slight_smile: