What's the last bit of tech you bought?

First name Micro, second name Chipped :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah…

His name is Milo. I know I shouldn’t, but he has Instagram so I don’t spam this thread with loads of pics … https://Instagram.com/im.milo.the.cockapoo

:grinning: thanks for your kind words.

3 Likes

I’ve taken my Nanoleaf refund and invested in some Philips Hue bulbs (and a bridge). The thought of ever having to contact Nanoleaf customer service again put me off trying to buy their bulbs again (even through a reseller). Hopefully the Hue’s work well :blush:

4 Likes

Just bought a WD_BLACK SN850 SSD for the PS5. Hopefully will be installing it later today. :smile:

1 Like

Nice. What are you playing at the moment? Haven’t picked up my PS5 since I beat Lost Judgment a couple of months ago. Looking for something new. I was going to do a third playthrough of TLoU Part 2 but then I read Naughty Dog are working on a Director’s Cut…

Actually, I tell a lie. I started God Of War but I’m not super into it. Maybe I just need to progress a bit further.

I’ve been playing FFXIV Endwalker, there really isn’t anything fresh to play at the moment. My next game will probably be Horizon Forbidden West which is due 18th February.

God of War is brilliant. I’m sure if you stick with it you’ll start to love it. I platinumed it, really looking forward to Ragnarok which is due this year.

1 Like

They’re the best out there, although an expensive option too. But they just work. The in-app automations are ace, as is the integration with Google Home Routines - both of which have removed my reliance on IFTTT for everyday control.

The only downside I’ve found is that Hue Filament bulbs aren’t controlled by the Spotify Sync feature. I get the Filaments are not colour, but it’d be nice if they dimmed/brightened in time with the music like all the other colour bulbs/strips.

Other than that - highly recommended - 5 stars bulbs :bulb::bulb::bulb::bulb::bulb:

1 Like

Yeay! Super excited for them to arrive now!

Just purchasing a satnav, gone for a Garmin, so long at it gets me from A-B I don’t need everything some of the more expensive models do.

I was going to just use my phone, but fancied having a dedicated unit, which at least comes in a bigger screen size, than my phone

new laptop from santa just before crimbo

Assuming you don’t already have CarPlay/Android Auto built into your car, did you not consider replacing your stereo unit with an aftermarket unit which added this?

1 Like

I actually keep thinking about doing that, but I always worry that I’ll lose air conditioning and parking sensor functionality. I don’t have the knowledge to do it myself and when asked, the big orange and black retailer just said :woman_shrugging:

How up to date are the maps/POIs and does it do traffic? They’re the two reasons I’d always use Google Maps/Waze (via CarPlay).

Don’t have the car yet :sweat_smile: pick it up next week. So not really something I can consider right now :upside_down_face: I need to find my way find my way home after collecting it.

There’s a whole host of things that are on a list to do to it, headunit is bottom of the list. Getting it mapped, coil overs, new in-take etc etc come 1st

Fully updatable and has all that built in

1 Like