What's the last bit of tech you bought?

How much are we talking? I’ve shopped there a couple of times but never really paid attention to the prices… and I mean my transaction was authorised so it couldn’t have been that expensive. :joy:

There’s only one thing I’m prepared to grin and bare M&S’ prices for…

Embarrassed to say that I have a bit of an obsession to the point that not too many years ago, my Mum bought be a Percy Pig Easter Egg and gifted to me in a Percy Pig bag, which I think I still have… I’m 32.

5 Likes

They’re banning them. Cartoons on unhealthy food encourages kids to eat unhealthily

(Possibly read that in the daily mail so probably isn’t true)

3 Likes

:dizzy_face:

BUT THINK ABOUT THE ADULTS! WON’T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE ADULTS!

Please say it isn’t true!

2 Likes

Full price? Lemme know how it is.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I used to use PowerBeats 2 (the previous model) for running and they were great. I liked the ear hooks, kept them very secure, and the tip is angled so you can still hear outside noise while running, but it didn’t leak music so you could listen on the commute to work too.

Last year I switched to Beats X as I wanted something with the W1 chip, that also charges via lighting (no idea why the full Beats range hasn’t got lighting yet) and they are briliant. They have little in-ear hook things that help them stay really secure no matter what exercise I’m doing, the sound quality is great, and the battery is brilliant, I just pop them in the charger for a few minutes when I remember every few days.

I really want some AirPods too but feel that would be a bit extravagant, but of your two options, for working out I’d suggest PowerBeats. I’d worry too much about AirPods flying off. (Also consider the Beats X, which technically aren’t rated as sweat-proof but I read a lot of reviews before buying and no one seems to have had any problems with them getting damp from workouts, and mine are still fine almost a year on.)

1 Like

Cheers! :smile: think I’m going to go for Powerbeats 3 they are on offer on amazon this now as well which lessens the pain of losing my Bose SoundSports

Silk white…didn’t realise it had rose gold edging though… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that good or bad for you?! Wasn’t a massive fan of the gold personally.

I just recently bought myself a Parrot Disco. It is a great deal of fun!

4 Likes

£900, so pretty much aye. Got the pen too.

Early early days, but I’m liking it so far. I had a chromebook before, so I knew what I was getting into, but it feels like a really nice chromebook experience. I buy a lot of games in Alpha cos I like to see the process and all the wee improvements (kinda like Monzo!), so it kinda scratches that itch for me. Keen to see how it develops - linux and windows instances for example. Went with “google hardware” so I should be at the front of ChromeOS development.

But aye, thumbs up so far from me! Just got my pen today, so seeing how it goes as I experiment.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! BeatsX are fantastic.

I use them for the gym and they’re my go-to whenever I want something a bit more noise isolating than my AirPods.

3 Likes

Just purchased a Tado Smart Thermostat, as they are currently on offer for £49.99 through O2. I actually used my sisters Unidays code too, which took it down to £39.99. Even better!

It’s the v2 kit, but even if you wanted to purchase the newer v3 bridge later down the line, it would still be around a £50 saving I believe. I just need a house to put it in now…

4 Likes

So much love for Tado!

You just need the radiator valves now…

I love my BeatsX too, got them free from EE with my iPhone X. Unfortunately I didn’t get to pick the colour so ended up with the Matt Gold ones which I’m not a huge fan of if I’m honest.

I saw iJustine unboxing the White OnePlus 6 and the Bullet Wireless headphones:

If these aren’t the most blatant rip-off of the Beats X, I don’t know what is! They’ve got it right down to the little rubbery case and the tiny charge cable! Even the onboarding looks awfully familiar!

At half the price though, they’re pretty compelling to give a whirl!

1 Like

No issues with beats x while training? It’s between them and Powerbeats 3 :confused:

Nope! I use the little wing-tips that come with them and they stay in my ears really well.

I know they’re not officially waterproof or anything but they deal with sweat with no problem at all.

I’ve heard good things about the Powerbeats 3 but with the lack of a W1 chip and the fact they look a bit bulky I opted for the BeatsX instead.

1 Like

I got mine from EE too! They sent me the white ones which actually look quite nice.

That’s such a blatant copy :grimacing:

1 Like

Cheers! The Powerbeats 3 have the W1 chip now so it’s just between what’s best for gym and gives best sound for what they are