What's the last bit of tech you bought?

Apple TV 4K 2021 64GB model.

Was hoping to get the 3% cashback from Chase via Amazon but they’re selling it for £199 instead of Apple’s £189 RRP, so bought it directly from Apple (and got 1% cashback).

Upgraded my Fire Stick 4K because… why not at £37 paid over 5 months!

Honestly, it’s worth it just for the VOD shortcut buttons on the remote alone.

Also, treated myself to an MX Master.

Waiting for mine to arrive, hopefully it’s the end of the month.

I was reluctant to order online with such a long lead time, so I kept checking local Apple Stores and luckily enough yesterday it popped into stock. Could be worth a go if you are in a rush to get it.

Either way you’ll be very impressed with the phone!

1 Like

I got mine for a bargain on contract, so very happy to wait.

1 Like

Super boring (but not for me :grin: ) is a polarised directional outdoor 4G antenna.

This is an upgrade from my very old omnidirectional antenna I have and I should see significant gains because I can point it directly at the only cell tower I have near me.

I think it’s ~9 times more powerful which should hopefully be reflected in broadband speeds.

4 Likes

Just got this nice deal as well, £20 for a Stadia controller and a 4K Chromecast Ultra! That’s the entire Stadia set up, and even if it’s crap, £20 for the Chromecast ultra is £3 more than the cheapest standard Chromecast at the minute :heart_eyes:

store.google.com/product/stadia_premiere_edition?hl=en-GB

2 Likes

Is there a Sky Go app on fire stick?

It drives me nuts not having one on Apple TV - there’s finally one coming but not till mid 2022.

MacBook Pro 16 max.

3 Likes

I did the same upgrade from the 4k stick, we had broken our remote so were using our phones as the remote. Annoying switching between the phone remote app for on/off + volume, and the Fire app for control which sometimes just forgot the connection.

With the Max I’ve found it much quicker in doing everything, the voice search especially but just general clicking about it’s instant.

I got one last week too. I was thinking of waiting for the Black Friday deals but I couldn’t resist.

I was enjoying Resist but motion sickness got the better of me, it was definitely too much for a newbie to jump into! So I went back to Gun Raiders which is basic but fun (if you mute all the kids).

I’ve also bought Resident Evil 4 but haven’t had a chance to play yet.

I’m waiting on a new head strap to arrive, I was all ready to order the official one then I read all the reviews saying it wasn’t great quality. I have a big old head so its been a bit tricky to get it to sit properly on my face, if I have it lined up properly so there’s no blur when I’m looking ahead I can see out of a gap at the bottom a l little as I’ve got to pull the whole thing up.

3 Likes

I wonder what you do for sound? I have found with a fire stick, being able to use an Alexa for synced sound ended up the biggest advantage. That Alexa studio, it really punches the crap out of a £200 sound bar!

A Ryzen 9 5900x, a new MOBO and PSU. My gaming computer has needed a new processor for some time now, and now the PSU is on the blink, so a good time to take the plunge.

1 Like

I had a pair of Echo Studios at one point, which sounded pretty fantastic, but I’m now using a Sky Soundbox.

1 Like

Speed is noticeably improved and makes an appreciable difference.

Still feel that the dedicated Netflix, Disney and Prime buttons make the biggest day to day impact.

Not having VOD buttons on a streaming remote feels like the 2020 equivalent of not having a number pad in the 90s.

2 Likes

I always just say what I want into the voice control.

1 Like

Got a WFH budget at the new job so got myself an ultrawide :blush:

11 Likes

New Mac too?

1 Like

Ultrawides are the best for gaming working from home

2 Likes

Not that helpful when I have the money in Amazon vouchers :smiley: