What We Know About the Current Accounts & Debit Cards / FAQ 🏩 💳 (open Wiki)

As the launch of Monzo’s current accounts & debit cards gets closer, I expect there will be more & more posts asking about features & updates so I thought I’d create this Wiki to pull together all of the details that Monzo’s confirmed so far.

This Wiki is only intended to cover features that are part of the current accounts & debit cards or features which can only be built once they launch.

To see what’s changed after an update to this post (when it’ll appear at the top of the new / updated topics list) click the pencil in the top right hand corner of the post.

Current Accounts

Unsupported features during testing

From this blog post.

• Monzo to Monzo payments through the Contacts tab
  • Topping up your account by debit card, Apple Pay and Android Pay
  • Monzo.me
  • Customer support through the in-app chat will initially only be available from 9am–6pm on weekdays

Supported features for launch

TBC for launch

Supported features after launch

Enhancements

Requirements

Unsupported features

When they’ll launch

Number of live current accounts tracker

Roadmap

When will users have to switch from the prepaid cards

Misc

During Initial Testing

From this blog post.

• The debit card you receive initially with the current account will need to be replaced at some point later this year with an updated version. This is no longer the case. Preview card holders will have the option to update to a new card with updated chip settings, but the original debit card will continue to work fine.
  • You will download a separate Monzo app for the current account and your existing prepaid card will continue to work like normal. In the future, you’ll be able to use just one app and close your prepaid account.

Debit Cards

Supported features for launch

Supported features after launch

Design of the card

Image from this post.

Image from this post.

Carrier Letters

|345x248.5

Image from this post.

Registering Your Interest

See this blog post for details on how to register your interest in the current accounts.

Editing this Wiki

Please feel free to add any more details as soon as they’re confirmed by the Monzo team. When you do, include a link to the post so that users can find the related discussion & see where the information’s come from.

This topic has been closed to prevent comments being posted so that whenever this Wiki is updated, it’ll appear at the top of the list of the latest changed posts.

32 Likes