What really grinds your gears?

(Richard Cook) #172

Hey all, I’ve just had to remove a few posts that were off-topic. Let’s keep this respectful, thanks!

Peter Kay grinds my gears.

(Dawid) #174

Actually I forgot about the biggest one.

When I am spending time with family/friend/date and I feel like I’m the third wheel to that person and their phone :smiley:

(Herp Derp) #175

I can’t stand Peter Kay!

People who stand for a long time in a queue (like Costa) or stand at the bar for ages (like Wetherspoons) and only when they eventually get served / get to the cashier - then look at the menu or up at the signs as they haven’t decided what they want :rage:

(Tim) #177

People who wrongly say Vice-a Versa out loud!

(Jorge) #178

When I was working at a pub my strategy was “I’ll get back to you once you make up your mind - there’s people waiting that ARE ready to order” [slides to the next customer]

I can tell you, it’s more annoying to the barman, who can’t do anything until the guy actually decides, than to the other customers waiting

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #179

People who arrive late and don’t even have the courtesy to tell you that they’re running late.

I hate standing around waiting. I could have done one of my many jobs while waiting but I don’t because it’s likely that the person will arrive when I’m part way through.

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #180

Yep. And people who think they can walk and read their phone at the same time.

(Andy Hughes) #181

When people mix small gloves into the medium ones at work (I’m a nurse) :scream:

(Herp Derp) #182

THIS!!!111111111!!!

(Sam) #183

As someone who takes the bus quite frequently:

• People eating, I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t so bleedin’ loud or you can smell it a mile away
  • People shouting on their phone, especially if they decide that having the other person on speaker is appropriate
  • People ignoring the unwritten rules of bus seating. At least one empty row between people where possible and only sit right next to people if the bus is has no empty rows or both people know each over well.
  • Other bus annoyances that I can’t think of

(Herp Derp) #184

People that press the bell more than once or someone that presses it even though it’s been pressed 5 times already

People who don’t answer the bell and keep me waiting

(Herp Derp) #186

Do they have one of them stupid Ring camera things? :eyes:

(Colin Robinson) #187

People posting pictures on Twitter (and elsewherej when the image needs flipping to make it readable.

(Lebert) #188

People who won’t park properly in bays. I am not a contortionist.

(Nick) #189

Some car parks I have to use, the people parking are doing so just fine. The problem is the proportions of the bays haven’t been changed since they were first painted in the 1970s or earlier.

(Lebert) #190

Newly built business park with space and then some for a 4x4, no excuse.

People who park next to me when I park as far from the shop doors as I can in an almost abandoned carpark.